If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

To the person asking me whether Alka-AD medicine to treat diarrhea works:

I understand that you're in a bind, but I'm really the worst person to ask for information on this.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Meanwhile in Poland: a Japanese spy with a background in naval intelligence struggled against police as they busted him for blinding a military helicopter with a laser pointer. He was previously seen walking around with a bladed weapon. Looks like somebody just botched his ninja exam.

• What part of that was sarcasm? Please say none of it, that was entertaining to read.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Well, the part about ninja exam I inferred from the text.

I missed the shuttle to the subway station.

So, instead, for the first time, I decided to drive into Washington DC, and park my car there.  The event seemed like it was worth it, and the rest would be a good learning experience.

The event was indeed worth it, and the rest was indeed a good learning experience.  I parked several blocks away from my intended destination, by mistake (but at least it was an easy place to park, as I didn't have to parallel-back in).  I also learned that it's still $2/hr to park on the street even in the evening.  Also, the bathrooms on the basement "A" level of the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library are locked; go to the second floor for bathrooms.

• Does anyone know what happened to the comment box on our user page? I know few people check anyway, but I typically used it to indicate I was currently inactive, so I at least found it useful.

Should still be available on the Activity page.  I just tested it.

• edited 2014-10-27 10:55:42
    Diet NEET

Bumped into one of our users on another forum, decided to pop usernames of others and myself into Google in a fit of paranoia.

The results: 

*Most people's profiles show the generic TVT, Magic, fanfiction.net and other stuff.

*Pop culture icon names share a host of users.

*I, Stormtroper and Blueeyedrat share usernames with model-level dudettes.

*glenn can play some mean piano.

*My username is sadly uninventive.

*My anonymity is probably the second worst(for the worst case, consider getting your local address info removed from phonebook sites, as it connects to the rest of your family), but only links to embarassing shit and not meatspace stuff, unless you really put in the archive.org effort. 

• ^ Does my name get a rapper?

• My anonymity is probably the second worst

I guess it's to be expected from a guy who uses what I assume are pictures of himself as avatars.

Did you search just the username, or "username + somesite"?

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I just hope I am not the worst case

• edited 2014-10-27 13:55:18
    Diet NEET

^^Yours gets a married dude in South Africa. 

^It's my old username on another site, actually. InsanityAddict gets lots of other folks, only my TVT page mentions my hometown but has little identifying info beyond that, and my pics here deliver nothing in Google Image Search. I did username+TVT a few times. 

I've used my nick couple of other times, guess some of my buddies would recognize me quickly.

• It doesn't take nearly as many.

• a little muffled

Heh, the first page of Google for Nyktos is now almost entirely misspellings of the Magic card Nykthos. Nice.

• Yours gets a married dude in South Africa.

Huh, I was very confident any possible match (even when it's not actually me) would be buried behind a trillion results of completely unrelated stuff, but it seems surrounding it in quotes shows more usernames in places... Still, the only ones that are me that I could find are IJBM and TVT.

• Er, that's meant to be the poster above you, I messed up in the arrows. 

My newspaper says it's now illegal to dress as a clown in the French town of Vendargues (near Montpellier). "You can dress as Zorro, or even bin Laden. But those dressed as clowns will be arrested", said the town's [whatever is the French mayor].

Apparently it's a drastic step to combat the plague of clowns mugging people.

• edited 2015-10-09 07:07:21

[user deleted]

"five focus areas: education, environment and climate change, peace and human rights, poverty alleviation and public health."

THOU SHALT NOT OMIT THE FINAL COMMA IN A LIST, DAMNIT

• edited 2014-11-01 17:14:56
    Diet NEET

Gah, lindyhop footwork is hard, especially when trying to tack it on top of rock 4 temps(both have the same origins, so some of more experienced dancers in the class intergrate the two during freestyle).

For illustration:

Lindyhop-

Rock 4 temps-

• There is love everywhere, I already know

a) Tim Cook is gay, does this mean it is my duty to buy Apple phones from now on because I really like Android and have a lot of money tied up in it already plus right now I only buy SONY things since weaboo (laptop notwithstanding)

b) I want to start a thread about the end of Quantiative Easing, the fall of the markets and the obvious fact that everybody who was involved in the entire Housing Market/Derivatives thing that almost killed finance aside from Lehman Brothers is now back in power and having lots of fun but it would take so much time and research and I'm so lazy.

IJBM: so I read an article, and it says, some terminally ill woman euthanised herself. Family supports decision, great victory for human rights, yadda yadda yadda. What bugs me is that back in my day, that sort of thing was called suicide. Funny how a couple of syllables more turns people's reactions on their heads.

• It is suicide (not even assisted). It's all over the news because she was young and pretty, which makes it a more unique story and therefore, more marketable.

• I will say this: inoperable brain cancer is the winning the "Fuck You" lottery from Lady Luck.

• Reminder: Go and vote, even if only to put a paper saying "Fuck everyone" in the envelope.

Funny thing, we're having local-level elections in some two weeks here.

• Meta-humour: going full spaghetti when learning a dance move called Spaghetti. 

• edited 2014-11-07 01:55:25
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Noimporta wrote:

Reminder: Go and vote, even if only to put a paper saying "Fuck everyone" in the envelope.

i think that piece of paper turned out to be magic paper

because everyone will now be fucked for at least a couple years

(except those people wealthy or well-connected enough to obtain spell resistance)