If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• My arms are falling off!

"five focus areas: education, environment and climate change, peace and human rights, poverty alleviation and public health."

THOU SHALT NOT OMIT THE FINAL COMMA IN A LIST, DAMNIT

Welp. Time to invite the strippers, JFK and Stalin.

• These new midcaments are (I think) making me feel drowzy and dizzy and shit.

• Kek, this is Dutch gender activism: http://marijkevonk.com/feminists/#comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Went on a hiking trip. First day, forest, night, thick mist. Second day, forest, mist, cool-ass rock formations, mountainous landscapes. All I could think was like, whoa, shit totally looks like an RPG location.

You know what guys, I'm what we call a nolife, but if I wasn't, I swear I wouldn't have that much fun with that.

• I'd think going hiking disqualifies you from being a nolife, doesn't it? In any case, you're a cut above me comparing every major city to SimCity.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

The parts that involve walking are fine, the parts when we stop and folks are singing and drinking and shit, that's what I could avoid. Makes me feel like there's anything bad being a nolife. Anyway, I do admit I'm no good at it. A self-respecting nolife should at least be able to prove it by presenting a level 80 Paladin or completing Mario by memory or something like that.

• edited 2014-11-10 23:07:44
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

So I just submitted a guide to GameFAQs.

It was really annoying to use their editor.

I first tried submitting it plaintext, but it said there was a line length limit.  And I figured my guide would work better with better formatting.  So I decided to use its own custom editor thingy.

Opened up my local copy of the guide in Metapad.  Copy, paste into editor.

Every single double-space after every sentence (I double-space sentences) had an additional character.  Neither LibreOffice Writer nor Microsoft Word seemed inclined to help me out with this, and caused even more problems.  The editor claimed to have a problem with non-Unicode formatting, or something.

And I couldn't just find-and-replace every instance of this weird additional Â.  I had to go through it manually erasing every instance.

This, along with being confused as to how to even submit the damn thing.

So I just submitted it.  Wish me luck.

In the meantime, enjoy this plain-text upload version of my guide to grinding enemies for souls and items in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.

• So the universe made me watch Frozen.

Oooh, pretty.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I'm really curious to figure out what it is I like or dislike about comedies.

There's a pattern to it and I can sense it.  I just have not figured it out.

• I guess that just means you hate fun, Glenn.

We've had our Independence Day today. Strangely enough, no burning rainbows.

• So the universe made me watch Frozen.

Oooh, pretty.

:D 

^ Couldn't have a better avatar pic.

• Frozen reminds me of this brilliance:

• Someone presents a question expecting a binary option response. Instead, you question the premise of the question. Does that qualify as a valid response?

Personally, I've always found multiple choice questions obnoxious.

Someone presents a question expecting a binary option response. Instead, you question the premise of the question. Does that qualify as a valid response?

How exactly do you define validity?

• That's the tricky part. I know that people ask questions expecting the discussion to be steered a certain way, so it can be obnoxious when others decide to veer off into their own direction instead. On the other hand, often I feel like answering a question implicity validates a premise I don't agree with.

More on point, I know that grade school discourages questioning the premise, but shouldn't that be a valid direction if the goal is open, constructive discussion? Within reason, of course.

• edited 2014-11-12 07:17:49

Is this one of those "did you stop beating your wife yet" things?

:D

inorite

It's a really cool movie, and pretty. dat shaders.

I still don't get what was the point of making Anna forget their childhood incident.

• edited 2015-10-09 07:05:00

[user deleted]

• Ooh, it seems I missed that part.

• Someone presents a question expecting a binary option response. Instead, you question the premise of the question. Does that qualify as a valid response?

Depends on the nature of the question, in many cases it can only be interpreted as deflecting the actual question for whatever reason. On the other hand, there are quite a few question for which there is no other valid response (see "have you stopped beating your wife?" and the ideologized equivalents).

The general rules of polite conversation always apply, assume good faith all that. If you mean in an education context, I've personally rarely encountered purely binary questions (at worst it's "True or False, justify your aswer").

• One of our teachers used to do "if false, justify your answer. Hint: they're all false".

Of course, there was that one time the answer was true.

• My arms are falling off!

So now I'm on hair regrowth solution, in the hopes that my hair will stop being nerve-wrackingly sparse.

What's worse than a jerk on the internet is a jerk on the internet who is actually right about the issues and/or has good taste in stuff.

Kinda like how it's one thing to have a villain be obnoxious and hammy, and it's another thing for the villain to be obnoxious and hammy and back it up by being able to kick your ass ten ways to Sunday.

• edited 2014-11-15 19:03:31
    a little muffled

Bullshit, I just noticed that @Nyktos on Twitter now isn't that Ukrainian guy. Meaning that there was probably a chance for me to grab the name and I missed it.

There is an Ukrainian Nyktos?

• edited 2014-11-16 07:40:12

I just had a dream that studies the concept of art and interaction within, and the relation between words and meaning, dreamt in the form of an elaborate movie with theatrical performances.

It wasn't really deep or anything but it was still the most philosophical and artsy dream I've ever had by far.

Edit: I just started a dream diary for noteworthy dreams.

• a little muffled

lrdgck wrote:
    There is an Ukrainian Nyktos?
    When I first joined Twitter the name was taken by a Ukrainian guy with the ugliest blog in history.