If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Images you know you'll never use. (Now NSFW)

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

hi there maria

also, i liked the normal pics

• Arthurian myth? Bitch please, Classical Mythology is where it's at:

Polyphemus

Tantalus

Heracles and Cerberus

• edited 2014-03-15 13:04:06
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

http://thuleanperspective.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/balder.jpg

• edited 2014-03-15 14:31:15

gate of babylon

This is sort of mythology-related, yes?

(I'm almost done rewatching this show, woo.)

• edited 2014-03-15 17:00:37

thing

Somehow, this show has what is possibly the most myth-accurate version of King Arthur I've seen.

• edited 2014-04-15 15:40:24
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

http://i1.kwejk.pl/site_media/obrazki/2014/03/c0ae56b51751cd0828d5580c7534d08a_original.png?1394065585

• You're trying to summon Alex, aren't you?

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I should probably express appreciation for the dog's skill with a blade.

is that cerberus

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Did you ever see that Guinevere chick?

okay ill go home now

• edited 2014-03-16 01:18:47

You're trying to summon Alex, aren't you?

Oh wow it actually worked. And I wasn't even thinking about that.

Bedivere

Also, I got this when I looked at imgur:

imgur thing

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Oh shit, we did it.

• Quick, post more so he doesn't leave!

a thing

In the absence of Arthurian shenangians, let me present you with an image mashing up Dark Souls with isometric RPGs:

For those that don't know, the figure on the far left is Smough, with Ornstein on the right. Ornstein was one of Artorias' inner circle knights, whereas Ornstein was barred from that level of knighthood due to his shockingly morbid habits -- think Jack and the Beanstalk. "Artorias" comes from "Arturius", that being the Roman equivalent for the name "Arthur". The Souls games have an overwhelmingly medieval sensibility overall, but Anor Londo, where this battle takes place, bears more resemblance to classical Rome and Greece (with some Renaissance and Early Modern design elements, too). Artorias and his knights help link the medieval mortal realm of Dark Souls with the more classical realm of the gods, in both aesthetic and thematic senses. 

Sif was one of Artorias' closest companions. The great grey wolf shares a name with a female god of, if memory recalls, Germanic origin (could be Celtic, though?). Sif himself is considered to be male by FromSoftware's internal development, apparently. Whatever the case is, the Prepare to Die DLC for Dark Souls put a tragic spin on what was otherwise a completely enigmatic boss; if you went back in time and interacted with Sif as a pup, he would recognise you later on and mourn the necessity of combat between the two of you. It's implied that Sif took it upon himself to guard the tomb of Artorias eternally, and his loyalty for Artorias runs deeper than his appreciation for your aid earlier. 

When you finally meet Artorias himself, he has long since become a Hollow; one of the undead who has irreversibly lost their mind. His posture and animations are reminiscent of Neon Genesis: Evangelion, particularly in terms of his raw brutality as one of the mindless dead. The arm that used to bear his shield now hangs limp and useless, the one good arm tirelessly swinging his signature sword. Interestingly, his sword is the only weapon in the game that -- to my knowledge -- scales with every damage stat. It's a highly suboptimal weapon unless one's character is high enough level to take advantage of all of its scaling, but it certainly brings the pain if you do. This suggests plenty about Artorias' skill, training and dedication before succumbing to the undead curse. 

• the big dude's foot has only 4 toes

• I need to check to see if Smough only has four toes in game, but I think it is just an art style issue. Also stop making me curse the April 25th release date of the PC version of dark souls 2.

Isn't Smough's hammer facing the wrong way?  Unless he just backhanded the column.

• Presumably he just swung the hammer from the right side of his body to where it is now, crushing the column while at it.

But, based on the way his left hand looks, he just backhanded the column.

• What do you mean? I'm not seeing it.

He's holding the handle of the hammer with his left hand.  The hammer's strike face is facing behind him.  He just swung the hammer in a backhand fashion and broke the pillar with it.

• I don't see it as a backhand hit either. I see it like it was swung two-handed somewhat like a baseball bat and the right hand let go near the end of the swing for follow through purposes. 

• Can we get back to posting images?

mounted cavalry or something

^ Arpad and pals? Or something Russian?

http://rushist.com/images/russia/smolensk-siege-1611.jpg

What does one call that sword-shield-glove thing? That's ridiculous and ballsy, and I kind of love it. 

• edited 2014-03-18 11:25:33

@lrdgck: Seems the picture was cropped from this painting. So the first one.

http://bialczynski.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/gal-scythians.jpg

• Man, at first I thought that had something to do with El Dorado.

Pair of Japanese warriors

• a little muffled