If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Yeah, I figured that. By the main plot, I meant what is basically the Fool/Judgment/Death social links plots. I figure that's as much as you can get into it and even then, there's still some bits that you probably would have to get rid of (Off the top of my head, Kuromaru comes to mind)

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Dear Royal Ludroth,

Fuck your mother.

t. hunting excerpt

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So, The Phantom Pain and Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes have both been confirmed to be Metal Gear Solid V. We already knew the former, but we didn't know they were the same game, which actually kind of disappoints me, because I thought it was two new games. Oh, well.

Also, no David Hayter. Apparently Konami didn't even contact him D:<

• I'm hoping that it's a case of not having contacted him yet, as they've been working on the engine and such without the need for much in the way of voice acting (alternatively, they're switching to...Richard Doyle, I believe was the voice of Big Boss last time he appeared as an old guy).

I am, however, known for fool's hopes.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

But David Hayter IS Solid Snake ;-;

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Guess they were drinking too much Hayter-ade.

I'll go now.

• Hayter's gonna hate.

-follows Malk-

Finished Bioshock Infinite. That was amazing.

• edited 2013-03-28 07:21:55
    But you never had any to begin with.

But David Hayter IS Solid Snake ;-;

And Big Boss isn't. (Well, technically speaking. Damn cloning.)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122958-Rumor-Silver-Age-Prequel-Batman-Arkham-Origins-Coming-This-Year

Huh, so that's where they're going after "city."

Not sure this will fit tonally with the style of the series' gameplay, but if they pull it off, it will be good.

Antichamber is on sale on Steam for $12.

I've said this before, but it is the best puzzle game ever released, and you should get it.

http://www.destructoid.com/dishonored-was-originally-to-be-set-in-medieval-japan-249869.phtml

Dishonored was originally going to be set in feudal Japan, but the writers didn't feel they were familiar enough to do it justice.

..huh.

• edited 2013-03-28 16:34:03
    You can change. You can.

And Big Boss isn't. (Well, technically speaking. Damn cloning.)

To be fair, Hayter totally owned Big Boss back when he played him too.

sure he played him as if it was Snake but still

Also, Re: New Silver Age Batman: It would make sense considering that DC finally gained the rights to do stuff tying into the Adam West show.

• So, realized I really like the Quick Man fight. Very fast, very unpredictable, reflexes required.

Screw Time Stopper, Buster only is the fun way to fight this guy.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Dishonored was originally going to be set in feudal Japan, but the writers didn't feel they were familiar enough to do it justice.

Seconding the huh. It's like they were transplanted from an alternate universe, where people care for historical accuracy or stuff, and Japan isn't automatically full of samurai and ninjas killing the shit out of giant enemy crabs.

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."
  • edited 2013-03-28 20:01:25
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

On Silver Age Batman if any character can pull off such a big tonal shift it's Batman.

And let's face it. The plot of those games are pretty doofy.

Yeah, but they're grimdoofy rather than sillydoofy, so it fits the mechanics.

I can see the mechanics working in a silver age context. You'd just have to replace the dark thugs with colorful henchmen and have 'BAM!' 'POW!' etc. Detective vision could be more lie psychedelic. 

I dunno man, after so much peripheral comic stuff is trying to show how 'grown up' the medium is I'd love to see some more stuff appreciating how ridiculous comics could get.

• I'd be really happy if we get this game.

• I'm a damn twisted person

CU - did you go immediately go back and listen to some of the recordings again and just go "wow man."

Spoiler:
    And the bit where Booker calls Rapture ridiculous at the end was amazing

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

ALSO, you know how the Arkham games have cameos and mentions of some of Batman's more unknown enemies? A Silver-Age Game could go EVEN further. We could see the REALLY weird ones.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Antichamber is on sale on Steam for $12.

I've said this before, but it is the best puzzle game ever released, and you should get it.

when does the sale end?

I still don't know if I want Antechamber.

when does the sale end?

I honestly have no idea.

I still don't know if I want Antechamber.

I can't say if any specific person would like it or not, but I will say that you'll never play another game like it.

^I'm sure Antechamber's good, but he'll never play a game like Superman 64 or ET either.

Haha, fair enough.

(also, it's Antichamber)

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Sale ends in about nine hours.  So 1 PM eastern time.

• edited 2013-03-29 03:52:11
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I was almost positive it was Antechamber with an E. Maybe not.

Well, I suppose I'll buy it. I've just been overly cautious with money lately after having blown through almost $100 in a week. ._.;

The actual word is antechamber. The game is Antichamber.
  • edited 2013-03-29 05:37:42
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Mother of fuck.

I am going to go around to the headquarters of every gaming company in existence and tack a note to their fucking doors that just says "left handed people exist". Because having your game use only WASD/Spacebar/Mouse as a control configuration and making it completely un-rebindable is fucking unacceptable for a paid, professionally developed and released game. I don't care how "indie" it is, and I don't care that it was only $12. That's $12 I could've spent on something I could've fucking played. 

MONEY WELL SPENT.