If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Does this boycott have to do with Mega Man?

• Poot dispenser here

Never mind, now I'm at the point where FarCry 2 picks up.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

A company-wide boycott will never accomplish anything, ever. What you need to do, instead of removing yourself from their market entirely, thus ensuring they don't have any reason to give a shit about you, is buy games when they do something right, and not buy games they've screwed up, thus voting with your wallet.

• That's not even democracy.

That's simple economics.

Yeah, but the term "voting with your wallet" is what's generally used.

• MrWMrW
    edited 2013-03-23 10:06:06

I kinda wish that the DuckTales remake looked more like their work on Mighty Switch Force HD, chiefly because WayForward always excells at 2D visuals, but don't really do 3D graphics all that well.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

He could just be boycotting the company for his on morals, right?

What, because of that oil spill they caused or rainforest they tore down?
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

So there are people here who presumably know my tastes and know Fire Emblem.

Is the newest Fire Emblem worth checking out?

In a word: YES.

• You can change. You can.

For an HD remix, it looks pretty much exactly the same graphically.

Err, what did you expect?

• edited 2013-03-23 19:26:00

I expected it to look better. Youtube's probably not the best indication admittedly, but graphically KH1 and Re:CoM look exactly as they would if I went and popped them in my PS2 right this second.

Bah. It's not important anyhow; it'll still be a day one purchase.

• It does look better though.  The models appear to be the same, but if nothing else the game is in HD and they did at the very least redo the interface graphics (and probably other textures too).

• edited 2013-03-23 20:52:35

It's also possible that I'm just incredibly inattentive.

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

I might get the new Fire Emblem tomorrow.

high point of my life

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-03-24 03:49:24

No, it does look exactly the same.  HD doesn't really do much for the medium-poly models the PS2 games used other than boost the antialiasing so you can tell slightly easier that that Mickey's ears are indeed 17-sided ellipsoids.  Not even the hud looks that different.

Like, this might be one of the laziest rereleases I've ever seen, though at least it's two games for someone who didn't catch them the first time.

• Not even the hud looks that different.

I notice that they seem to have incorporated the reaction command pop-up (although no word on reaction commands themselves), even though it isn't much (I hope they do the two-menu system from KH2, so that using Limits is easier). Personally, I'm happy just to get Final Mix and 358/2 Days' cutscenes, and I'm sure there are a few Australians who will be happy to play Re:Chain of Memories (not me though. I played it on an emulator and it was boring as hell).

• But you never had any to begin with.

though at least it's two games for someone who didn't catch them the first time.

Well, nearly nobody in the West has played Final Mix, and Re:Chain of Memories wasn't released outside of Japan and North America.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Speaking of X/X-2 Remaster

I forgot how annoying Tidus sounds since he's only in 5 minutes of X-2 and even then "Cherish me, Yuna" sounds really weird.

• edited 2013-03-24 14:33:46
    But you never had any to begin with.

You ever get the feeling that you're overcomplicating something?

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-03-24 14:35:16

That

WHY

WHY WOULD YOU DO IT THAT WAY

I mean yeah I can't help but look at that and think of more advanced things to cheese simultaneous commands and bond twisting to make it as crazy fast as possible, but even before I learned those things, that's...WHY

• But you never had any to begin with.

Look at it this way: There are solutions to that that use more cycles, and more symbols.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-03-24 14:49:38

edit: never mind

urgh...I can't even look at that without  D:

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

I ended up getting the digital version of FE13.

I was hoping to get a cool looking case and game card, but noooooo

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Playing Dishonored. It's a pretty fun game but I hate the 'don't kill dudes to get a good ending' thing in a game about an assassin that sells itself as a vengeance story. Priorities people.

Also the writing is pretty terrible and boring which is a shame because it looks good and the world is pretty interesting looking.

• Playing Dishonored. It's a pretty fun game but I hate the 'don't kill dudes to get a good ending' thing in a game about an assassin that sells itself as a vengeance story. Priorities people.

Not only that, but there's also the whole "There are a zillion different cool upgrades and stuff you can get but they all kill people so you can never actually use them" thing.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Yeah they really didn't think their whole moral choice system thing through. I'd understand penalties for killing innocents like, say, in Assassin's Creed, but it's the kind of thing that took me out of the game especially since for the first two missions I tried to go good ending and kept reloading after finally deciding 'fuck it' and playing the game for the reason I rented it.

Also that skull mask is incredibly silly.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

You know, you can kill a few 100 people before it even goes into "Bad Ending" mode.

• edited 2013-03-24 17:54:05
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

That would ask the question of what the point having multiple endings is if karmic retribution is going to be that chill.

"Oh, you only killed five dozen people? pish tosh my good friend."

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-03-24 19:46:01

Here.  My OCD is now satisfied.

I could actually get the triple-bond even quicker and double-pump the solution if I had flip-flops that early, but alas.

EDIT: Nevermind -- trimmed that extra kink without it.  This is probably within 5-10 cycles of optimal.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

If you guys are curious, Iji is a game about a lone badass against an army of alien invaders, and it pulls off the no killing angle very well.