If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Steam sale. Hide my wallet.

• Pokkity Pokkity Pokkity

Everyone (at least those who don't have it yet)! Recettear is 67% off!  It's well worth the price.

• edited 2013-03-21 16:13:04
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

What the heck even is the occasion?

Oh, PAX East.

Oh, NOW Terraria goes on -75%.

Bastards.

Ooh, I can get A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 for $3.74.  Considering.

Heh, The War Z is here.  What.  It's not even discounted.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Goddammit and the weekend where I'm really tight on money.

If anyone wants to make a thread, go ahead. Cause I don't wanna.

Ooh, I can get A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 for $3.74.  Considering.

From what I've played of the first, it's basically Terraria, if Terraria wasn't very good.

• edited 2013-03-21 16:23:29

What about it wasn't good?  Play control?  World interactivity design?  Atmosphere and soundtrack?

@Crimson: I don't think it's changing by the day; I think it's going to stay the same until the 29th.

Also, I will wait until To The Moon goes -75%.

All of the above, really? It was awhile ago, but...let's see. I felt like I didn't have much direction, even relative to an open-ish game like Terraria, everything was grey on a grey background, and it just got really repetetive really fast.

• edited 2013-03-21 16:38:55

Hm, they are releasing the sequel for "free" to people with the first game (i.e. $3.74 for both if you're a new customer).  They claim it's much improved, lemme check the Steam page for it.  Edit: http://store.steampowered.com/app/228320/

Is the first game a 2D world divided into pieces on an isometric map, or is this just a thing in the second game?

Apparently it's new to the second.  However, I am liking it a bit less because of that, actually.  I'd prefer a seamless gigantic play world.

Is the first game a 2D world divided into pieces on an isometric map, or is this just a thing in the second game?

Apparently it's new to the second.

Sort of? The map isn't isometric in the first game, but it's the same deal, IIRC.

The aesthetics do look much improved, but...eh. Hard to get excited after the demo for the first one.

• But you never had any to begin with.

The first game was divided into regions.

Antichamber is on sale. It is, quite simply, the best puzzle game ever made. Yes, it's better than Portal. Seriously.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Some games you may be interested in, and info on whether they are on sale: http://steamcommunity.com/id/quintswatchlist/wishlist

(Not a comprehensive list, but one I made up with a gigantic list of stuff I might be interested in, or stuff related to stuff I'm interested in.)

• Good lord, Bioshock Infinite has a stupidly huge budget. I'm talking 200 Million here. And while Bioshock is a relatively "safe" bet to bank so much money on, it's going to take a lot of a copies to make that money back.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Well, I've done my part my preordering it.

• I was arguing with my brother yesterday, and we can't agree on something; are video games dominantly visual, auditory, or kinesthetic?

He argued that video games are predominantly visual, whereas I argued that it was kinesthetic. 

• But you never had any to begin with.

It depends on the kind of person you are, really. I mean, some people are going to get more out of the atmosphere of a game than the gameplay.

• edited 2013-03-22 06:40:36
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Well, kinesthetics as I usually hear it used in gaming isn't actually a sense, but rather a mental reaction to audiovisual input, so I'll go with visual. Unless you mean your actual physical position rather than the in-game illusion of action, in which case it doesn't tell you the game's reaction to your input and thus still isn't right.

Well, they aren't dominantly auditory.

I'd say visual.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Well, they aren't dominantly auditory.

What about DDR, Guitar Hero and the like? 

• Kichigai birthday!!
    PATOS-UUUUH

• This+Jake Kaufman=would be godlike

Finally got a new 3DS and Virtue's Last Reward.

Went ahead and also got Luigi's Mansion 2, and will get it shipped when it comes out in a couple of days.

Nintendo is also doing a promotion. If you register a new copy of Luigi's Mansion 2 before April 20th, you can a code for a free game download. I'll probably get Super Mario 3D Land.

• You can change. You can.

What about DDR, Guitar Hero and the like?

They still rely mostly on visual input, though. (After all, they work by telling you which button to press on the screen rather than making a sound you associate with the button, for example)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122846-Levine-Douses-BioShock-Infinite-200-Million-Budget-Claim

So that rumor about Bioshock Infinite having a $200 million budget? Yeah, about as trustworthy as any other anonymous source providing the gaming media with a hard-to-swallow story.

• Poot dispenser here

So, I've been playing FarCry 2. It is interesting so far, but the game just seems to be nothing but going around and doing missions for the most part-not that I'm complaining about that, I do like that I am getting quite a bit done, and I guess I'm doing sidequests for once. I suppose actual story progression comes when I finish up doing missions for both the UFLL and APR, because there's apparently a Southern map to unlock.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

So there are people here who presumably know my tastes and know Fire Emblem.

Is the newest Fire Emblem worth checking out?

• For an HD remix, it looks pretty much exactly the same graphically. The new fully voiced/animated 358/2 Days cutscenes look great though.

The new Fire Emblem is AMAZING.

I actually just got it today.

• They're somethin' else.

If I wasn't boycotting Capcom, I would have been all over that Ducktales remake. If only there was a way for me to ensure that only WayForward gets all the profits.