If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Images you know you'll never use. (Now NSFW)

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Again, I don't dislike printed books but I just don't understand why e-books gain so much hate. It's still text, it's still a story. If you don't like reading that, it's cool, but acting as if books were this utterly sacred thing because of the fact that they're printed and not because of their content is really baffling to me.

I don't hate e-books, but too many people are moving to e-books these days, and it kind of makes me sad.

That and, Kindles are too expensive. :|

• edited 2012-10-17 21:49:04
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

edit: bah. Nevermind. I have stuff to do.

• No rainbow star

^ I don't! 8D

• edited 2012-10-17 21:52:58
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Don't worry.

• They'll never completely solve the problem of "never needing recharge". It's not only highly improbable, there's no reason for the industries to do so in the first place.
  • No rainbow star

^ Batteries that charge on the air itself exist

And (if they ever fucking let it out into the open) wireless electricity also exists

Close enough for me

• a little muffled

I'll never be able to ebooks until they have the find a way to make one where you can physically turn the pages.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Or one that can last an entire train trip :|

• edited 2012-10-17 21:56:39
    No rainbow star

^^ Enjoy dying before you get to ebook! 8D

• Exactly.

The handheld electronics industry trives on replaceability. Take that away, and so do their profits.
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I seriously doubt that that is going to be at all a deciding factor.

That's a bit like arguing cassettes/CDs could never go out of style because it's possible for an iPod's battery to run out, and I don't thin I need to say that that didn't quite turn out that way.

All the industry needs to do is make the charges last a decent amount of time. 

• a little muffled

@Icalasari: I'm sure I will. :)

That's a bit like arguing cassettes/CDs could never go out of style because it's possible for an iPod's battery to run out, and I don't thin I need to say that that didn't quite turn out that way.

Except cassettes and CD players also had a limited lifespan.

• Has friends besides tanks now

My only problems with e-books are that I don't like reading text on a screen as much as in print, personally, as far as being able to read things goes, and I don't want to shell out such a large sum of money for something whose returns can't be calculated at this point.

• edited 2012-10-17 22:08:18
    Lazuli: Your argument is invalid because all mentioned examples still rely on battery power.

Goddamn ninjas.

My only problems with e-books are that I don't like reading text on a screen as much as in print, personally, as far as being able to read things goes, and I don't want to shell out such a large sum of money for something whose returns can't be calculated at this point.

That's about it, yeah.

Print books probably won't go away for quite some time, because there's a fairly significant audience who still prefers them to eBooks.

Lazuli: Your argument is invalid because all mentioned examples still rely on battery power. Goddamn ninjas.

It was an example, sue me.

We've now gotten to the point in discussion where Firebert is going to spam us all with stupid macros, so I'm just gonna leave now. 

• No rainbow star

All-Nines: E-Ink and E-Paper replicate the look of paper perfectly from what I've seen

• a little muffled

@ Lazuli:

We've now gotten to the point in discussion where Firebert is going to spam us all with stupid macros, so I'm just gonna leave now.
    You...do realize what thread this is, yes?

• edited 2012-10-17 22:18:56
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Oh, actually I didn't.

How did we get on this subject? :|

furthermore:

• An erroneous example, at that.
  • No rainbow star

^^^ To be fair, the very timing of those images seems to imply that he was posting it in a dismissive way

You...do realize what thread this is, yes?

On the other hand, considering the nature of the thread (and Firebert), I am fairly sure that post served a dual purpose.

All-Nines: E-Ink and E-Paper replicate the look of paper perfectly from what I've seen

soulless reproduction by which I mean there's more to it, including being able to turn pages and stuff.

• edited 2012-10-17 22:21:31
    Has friends besides tanks now

From what I've seen of e-books, it's not really the same look. Also, what Nova said: turning pages in an e-book isn't the same as turning pages in a paper book.

Not sure what to make of Firebert's use of those macros. Could be bad timing, but it's not as if that first image hasn't seen use here plenty of times.

^^^ To be fair, the very timing of those images seems to imply that he was posting it in a dismissive way

That's okay, I can do it too.

Watch

• Just a reminder that you need to read Fraction's Hawkeye:

• You can change. You can.

Hawkeye was amazing this week.