If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• I'm a damn twisted person

I am making a new beer. Buddhaweiser: the less you want it the better it tastes!

In other fun alcohol related news, I have acquired apple pie flavored moonshine. Tastes like apple pie flavor + vodka really. Pretty boss. 

• Kichigai birthday!!

• How's it goin', named-after-a-song? :P

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm back in America for the week.
  • Has friends besides tanks now

Welcome back, Cute! And Forzare, sort of, even though I won't be seeing you.

I elected to stay on campus, though, and, as expected, it's the loneliest I've ever been. Amazingly, it's far from the most miserable I've ever been.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Hey, it's Cut/e!

• Pure Pwnage is making a movie, and I am so stoked. They reached almost double their funding goal on indiegogo.com on the first day.

Why use indiegogo though? The whole set up screams "abuse me for scams!"
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

They're Canadian. Kickstarter can't be used outside the US.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

time to suck horribly at Dota 2, fuck yeah

• But you never had any to begin with.

Although it's launching in the UK on the 31st.

Oh, okay then.

Also, suddenly there are a bunch of good movies out. Which should I see IJBM - Argo, Sinister, The Master, Perks of Being a Wallflower or 7 Psychopaths?
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

The Master 

artsy bullshit is good for the soul

• Has friends besides tanks now

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is the only one I've heard of, so I guess that one?

Argo. Definitely Argo. I mean, it's about the CIA rescuing hostages by pretending to make a sci-fi movie with Jack Kirby.

• a little muffled
    On the other hand, > ben affleck
  • JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Argo, with The Master a close second.

• Ben Affleck is a good writer/director and a competent actor... he's just a terrible lead actor, which is a shame, because that's what he got cast as for most of his career.

• Kichigai birthday!!

Oh dog, are you guys getting this horrible Youtube layout too?

Which one? Because the one I was already getting was pretty awful, but it hasn't changed.

• Kichigai birthday!!

The player (check out my superior music taste) and the comment section 

• Well actually they were recycling art and a script called Lord of Light (by Roger Zelazny, it's a good book), which Kirby worked on. So Kirby being involved in their rescue is incidental at best.

Aw :c

Ended up buying a ticket for 7 Psychopaths because it was playing soonish to when I got to the theater. It starts in 15 minutes. Will probably see the Oscar Bait movies later this week, but right now I just want something manic and fun.
  • edited 2012-10-13 19:44:49
    Has friends besides tanks now

Speaking of manic and fun, I just finished watching Limitless on Netflix. I had originally just started it up to pass the time while I ate some pizza I ordered, but it ended up being a not-half-bad nor completely brainless way to pass the time. I guess I'm more disappointed that this premise wasn't explored in greater depth; I could imagine a whole episodic series revolving around this drug, its manufacture, the business behind it, the people who start dealing with it, and so on. The fact that it was all crammed into 104 minutes kinda dampened the whole effect.

• edited 2012-10-13 19:43:43
    Loser

Nohaynicklibre,

Looking at it right now, the YouTube layout I have is the old one. While I do not remember seeing that kind of comment section before, that video player layout does looks familiar. I feel like I may have seen it on a video or two at some point, but even if I go to that same video, it still has the old layout. Trying YouTube in Spanish gives the same result. So I guess this is just YouTube being weird again and/or you getting a sneak peak of how all of YouTube is going to look at some point.

So, how does one make football (that's the one that involves heavy use of the feet) more exciting?

Simple. Light the ball on fire.

• edited 2012-10-13 21:34:20
    Poot dispenser here

It's a little weird that Anita is basically pulling her style of "analysis" from TVT, which is not exactly college-grade material to call from, and home to people you'd think she would rightfully eviscerate.

Dead topic, but there are some feminists (I think they tend to be bloggers) who think TVT could actually be useful in a more didactic way. I know that there were a bunch of articles on feminist blogs that popped up after Eddie decided to throw the rape tropes behind a curtain. Some blamed TVT, others blamed Google.

In other news, I saw an opera last night. Was actually pretty cool. Wish it wasn't so short, though, but it was essentially two one-act operas in one.

• a little muffled

@ All Nines: Limitless was pretty disappointing but the skating rink scene was worth the price of admission.

• You can change. You can.

I live amongst my brethren once more to terrorize the shit out of them.