If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Everybody's posting from Canada nowadays.

• No rainbow star

Everybody's migrating up here, eh?

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I'm actually considering migrating to Canada once I finish my studies.

• No rainbow star

^ Opposite for me. I'll likely move down to the States unless I can manage to convince my girlfriend to come up here

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I've thought about going up to Canada. I have family there and there's healthcare.

• Definitely not gay.

I remember a debate we had back in the vidya thread.

I was talking about how Ganon was the most powerful character in SSBB. Then Alex went up and said "nuh-uh, Link is more powerful". 

We proceeded to go back-and-forth about which of the two was more powerful. Alex talked about things in his usual long-winded fashion again, which is always a welcome sight. 

Then someone (I forgot who) went up and said "Samus could totally kick Ganon's ass".

Was a good day.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

> brother playing Runescape

> sells an Iron Sword on the Grand Exchange

> recommended price: 198 GP

> someone buys it for 6987 gold

• Must've been a hell of a sword.

• a little muffled
    In lecture. Six idiots behind me won't shut up. Why even come to lecture if you're just going to talk over the whole thing.
  • edited 2012-10-05 11:46:44
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^Not really, last I checked Runescape inflation was so high that stuff worth 500,000 gold was cheap.

• edited 2012-10-05 12:01:36

Well, that was obviously a joke; but I assumed he just got really lucky. Back when I played Runescape (for like two months), you were lucky if someone was willing to pay 30 gold for an iron bar, the servers must be overcrowded with bots.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

When the market exchange was added to the game some people stopped playing the game as an MMORPG and started playing it as a stock exchange simulator. It really astounded me.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Got to work way early again. I have to stop doing that.
  • Has friends besides tanks now

Can we trade issues, Clockwork? I've been showing up late to classes, and my roommate's probably gonna have to beat me over the head with a pillow to get me up on time in the mornings.

• No rainbow star
    I just thought of something

Do we call ClockworkUniverse Clocky for short?
  • edited 2012-10-05 16:29:27
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Clocky is Counterclock.

We just call Clockwork Universe, CU.

or INUH...

• No rainbow star
    ^ Too late. Now it is the Adventures of Clocky and Clocky in my head >:|
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

It's a-me, Super Lazuli.

Hey guys. I finally got a new laptop, thing's a boat compared to my old one but has the advantage of not crashing when someone breathes on it wrong. 

>Got to work way early again. I have to stop doing that.

Bring a book just in case next time.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Hey, no fair, I wanna trade issues with CU!

• edited 2012-10-05 18:18:10
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I'm browsing through Dusan's Code (basically, the 14th century code of laws/constitution of the Serbian Empire), and it's really an interesting read, to see how much has changed since then. And supposedly, it was highly progressive for the era. The translation of some of the articles is kinda weak, though.

Some of the ones that I found interesting are:

62. On the Tsar

Everyone shall provide transport for the Tsar wherever he goes, every town to the district, and the district to the town.

80. On the Vlachs and Albanians 

In a village where a Vlach or an Albanian stay, another following him shall not stay in that village. If that one stay by force, let him pay a fine and for the grass he has grazed.

95. On Plucking Beards

Whoso be found to have plucked the beard of a nobleman or of a good man, his hand shall be cut off.

If two commoners pluck each other, the fine shall be 6 perpers.

I like this:

167. On Justice 

Imperial order: If the Tsar write a writ either from anger or from love, or by grace for someone, and that writ transgress the Code, and be not according to justice and the law, as written in the Law, the judges shall not believe that writ, but shall only judge and act according to justice.

All judges shall judge according tot he law, rightly, as is written in the Code, and shall not judge out of fear of the Tsar.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

#167 is like proto-[judicial review].

• I haven't seen Forzare for a while.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

95. On Plucking Beards

Whoso be found to have plucked the beard of a nobleman or of a good man, his hand shall be cut off.

My favourite law.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    On break. Feet hurting really badly. Have to work until 11.

Good luck, man.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I haven't seen Forzare for a while.

I'm still usually lurking.  Just don't really post a ton these days.

• Ah okay, thought you didn't like me anymore [/jk]

You mind if I have that crate #19 from your TF2 backpack? That is, if you don't particularly care for TF2 anymore.

• http://www.holyfragger.com/multiplatform/role-playing/mass_effect_3/news/?a=2754

Goddamnit you bastards, stop making stuff for the thing and making me play it more.

And by "stop" I mean "proceed".

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Not really, last I checked Runescape inflation was so high that stuff worth 500,000 gold was cheap.

It depends.

For free players, like my brother, 500,000 gold is enough to buy almost anything. Only the absolute most expensive stuff, like Guthix armour (whatever the hell that is), costs more than that.

For members, 500,000 gold is like, nothing.