If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-10-06 22:46:00
    Loser

Super Lazuli,

It looks like Daylight Saving Time does not switch over in the U.S. until the first Sunday in November, so hopefully that can ease some of your concerns.

• Has friends besides tanks now

@Formaldehyde: Is it still going on? I was just finishing Daybreakers (fucking stupid movie, by the way).

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Daybreakers (fucking stupid movie, by the way)

>:/

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Daybreakers (fucking stupid movie, by the way)

those words don't go together

Well, I guess that's one way to tell that we aren't all clones.

That was probably a lot harsher than was necessary on my part. ^_^;

But it felt really cliched; somehow, I felt like I'd seen every plot point before even though that makes no sense. I guess, just, too gimmicky and climactic at the same time.

Then again, I'm not particularly enjoying The Way of Kings, either, so I'm just going to accept that my tastes run against the IJBM grain.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I need Crimson's Burn the Heretic image right now.

• edited 2012-10-06 23:29:48
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Show of hands, who thinks we should ban All Nines right here right now.

Then again, I'm only about 224 pages in.

It's mostly the writing, honestly.

Wait, I'm not helping myself.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Show of hands, who thinks we should ban All Nines right here right now.

-raises hand-

Forzare, you must do your duty.

Then again, I'm only about 224 pages in.

It's mostly the writing, honestly.

Okay, that actually does explain it. 224 pages in- Dalinar has only even just been introduced, and you've only seen him fight off the chasmfiend so far.

Now, if you still hold the same opinion by the end of Kaladin's highstorm, or after you've finished the book, that will change. >:|

Forzare, you must do your duty.

>implying mods can ban admins

Now, if you still hold the same opinion by the end of Kaladin's highstorm, or after you've finished the book, that will change. >:|

I dunno. With any luck, there'll be fewer distracting turns of phrase as time goes on.

>implying mods can ban admins

They can. Experimented with it while I was a mod. Never saved the changes, but it's possible. :P

I dunno. With any luck, there'll be fewer distracting turns of phrase as time goes on.

I don't think so.

However, as the book moves on, everything becomes more... is spiritual the right word? theological? philosophical? something, it becomes less and less about the flesh and bones, and more about what the characters are and the value of honour and all sorts of crap. The style suits that a lot better than at the start.

• edited 2012-10-06 23:44:21
    Has friends besides tanks now

Hmm. I remember being curious, as well (ya never know when one of the mods will go rogue :P), but I couldn't access GMH's permissions, as I recall. Then again, this was a while after you were demodded, so that might have been fixed.

Maybe I broke it, but I was able to access GMH's permissions.

The answer here is, of course, for Forzare to ban you. Then we will find out one way or another.

So, I'm watching a show called The Hero Yoshihiko and the Demon King's Castle.

It's a pretty fun show so far. It bills itself specifically as a low-budget action series. It riffs on many popular JRPG cliches and all that- Yoshihiko has a legendary sword that marks him as a hero (that fell out of a rock before he could try to take it out), the first random encounter he sees is a Slime that talks about how its attacks hurt (That attack hurt, right?! About one HP worth?!), the first person he encounters tries to give him a long-winded speech before attacking him (And then, I'll attack you once you're all tired from listening to my speech! It's a brilliant plan!), and he keeps randomly attracting companions.

It's a pretty fun show, actually, for such a low-budget show. Its effects aren't even CGI, instead being like, props made from plaster, which is a welcome change.

• Happy (I assume late) Birthday, Bastion!

I made more cake.

[I wasn't at the computer I usually model in, so I couldn't make better shaders. Also I couldn't think of a way to make a pun-themed cake, so...]

• Thank you! That looks delicious :3 (and it's only 10 PM here, so it's still in time too)

• Little late too, But happy birthday. I hope it's been a good one.

• No rainbow star

Where in Canada is Juan?

Also, I bought a solid wood sword with a rubber covering for the hilt for $18. Cheap, but I do wonder if it would be a good practice sword?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Depends if it has any balance to it, or what its weight is like. If it's heavy enough that its weight prevents good control of the weapon, then probably not. The balance is a secondary concern when it comes to a wooden practice sword -- even if it has no balance whatsoever, you can practice the proper moves and all that. The best options are blunt steel or nylon/wooden emulators intentionally created with a sword's weight and balance in mind. But you can still train with a lesser tool to good effect, as long as that tool isn't actively hampering you.  

• No rainbow star

It isn't too heavy, weighs about as much as that training sword my friend at ACAD brought in once

Should I take a pic?

That would be helpful. 

• No rainbow star

• No rainbow star

Wow iPhone cameras are shitty

That's a strange hilt, but the blade looks like a legitimate approximation of at 14th-century-onward hexagonal cross-sectioned sword blade, tapering into a diamond cross-section. If it feels decent, then it's good enough for training. 

• No rainbow star

Still can't believe it was only $18

They could sell for higher with some minor alterations. Some dealers of swords and sword-related training goods shoot themselves in the foot by selling gear with too much decoration, which is often code in sword martial arts for "wall-hanger" rather than a practical tool. Simplifying the hilt design and removing the emblem on the blade would diversify the seller's consumer base for that particular product. 

• No rainbow star

^ It was in a costume shop (really surprised me - They normally go for cheap plastic that is hollow so nobody can get hurt), so the decoration should have made it cost more if anything

• Flash is pretty much non-functional in Firefox now, and the worst part is they blame Adobe, who in turn blame RealPlayer (which I have never installed) and apparently that gave them an excuse to twiddle their thumbs. Great.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

More likely is that it was the fault of all three.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

So how's dressing up as a Castlevania style Dracula for Halloween sound?