If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM Anime Club: Time of Eve (Current Episode: 4)

13»

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I guess episode 3 reveals more of that little cafe's odd premise.

One thing that's interesting is that the bartender isn't actually opposed to breaking her rule when someone needs to be taught a lesson.  And the past two episodes have been the main characters being taught lessons about the apparent and surprising humanity of androids.

And she's apparently colluding with someone.

But anyway, I didn't expect that both members of that couple would be androids who didn't know that each other is an android too.

• edited 2012-09-13 23:33:32
    Has friends besides tanks now

I just finished it. I apologize that it took me so long to do so. I've just been getting excited about the new Magic set that's coming out next month, and, well, some college stuff.

I liked this episode, though. I suppose I wouldn't have guessed that the lovers were both androids, because that might make things more complex than necessary, but I enjoyed the complexity anyway, and it really amused me that neither really knew about the other.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

One thing I should have commented on earlier: the one thing I don't like about the series is the Ethics Committee ads. They're just kind of over-the-top and silly in a series that's mostly fairly grounded.

Anyway, overall, I like this episode a lot. I did not see the reveal coming the first time, and it's a really clever concept.

I find it somewhat amusing that the woman appears to star in some sort of action series, and I kind of wish that series would get made.

I thought she's allegedly the bodyguard of some bigwig who needs protection from assassins, not an action heroine.

Unless you're not talking about the android woman.

• edited 2012-09-14 00:04:34
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yeah, she is. But an Asimovian robot bodyguard could make for an interesting action series.

Yes.  Yes it would.

I really wanna watch episode 4, but should I wait?

• I actually did watch episode 3, it's just... I watched it a while ago and so by now I've forgotten what I would have said about it... >.>

Might as well re-watch it and add your comments.

• Probably.  I'll possibly get to that later tonight.

I've seen up to episode 5 now.  I'm about to watch episode 6.

I've now seen all six episodes.  I guess we're waiting for DYRE to watch ep 3 now?

• I watched this as a movie at my school's anime club. Actually, I think I watched it before this thread started.

Yeah, it would have to be, since this started in August and the last time my club met was back in June. So, I'm gonna have trouble not spoiling everything for everyone.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Okay, I'm up to episode 4 now.

Episode 3: Didn't see that coming, but I'm not sure if it's a cop out ("They're both robots so it's okay!") or making a statement ("Android relationships are just as complicated as human ones!").

• edited 2012-09-17 01:00:40
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Well the series was clearly not sold on the Ethics Committee's ideas in the first place.

• But you never had any to begin with.

I honestly thought they were both androids from the get go so YMMV on that part, I guess. And what GMH said about the Ethics Committee.

I've seen the whole series so we can move onto ep 4 anytime.

Also, I just found this:

Wow.

Episode 4 discussion?

Episodes 4 through 6 discussion?

Episode 4! I disliked it.

I dunno, it felt a little too comedic for an issue that I feel should have been treated seriously. The episode was set up like a comedy and I was supposed to laugh along with it, but I couldn't. Felt wrong.

The conclusion was nice, but I can't say I like either of the guys actions during it.

That dreary/doom!!!111 background music was interspersed very unexpectedly (and after a while, hilariously) with background silence.

I guess it actually IS suggestive of the mood whiplash the two main characters experienced in this episode.

And, just as the other episodes have, this one raises yet more philosophical questions about humanity and non-humanity.