If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM Anime Club: Time of Eve (Current Episode: 4)

Comments

• edited 2012-08-26 02:16:14

I'm sorry, I've been a little busy the past couple days, and right now I'm really tired.  I'll try to watch episode 2 (and maybe 3, whatever) tomorrow.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I still haven't seen episode 2.

I should go watch it but for some reason I started watching the BRS OVA on a whim about half an hour ago.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Wednesday was a 10-hour road trip, and the whole week since then has been Orientation. I really should have time to watch it today, but if I get pulled into too many things again, like what's already been happening, tomorrow is when classes start, so I should have MUCH more time.

With that said, if everyone else is also busy, I'd say it's just a bad time.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'm somewhere with no Internet this weekend. I can re-watch 2 tonight after I get home.

Will watch this today.

• edited 2012-08-26 15:36:02
    Has friends besides tanks now

Just watched episode 2. I'm liking this so far. It's annoying how dense the main characters are, but I can bear it because it's very apparent that at least Rikuo's views will change heavily by the end. Masaki's a dick, though, flashback frame be damned. I'm also enjoying the rather slow pacing and the relaxed vibe.

• Lots of silly things happened in this episode.  Also lots of less silly things.  Also someone said "Blade Runner", as if it wasn't already obvious enough that this anime was inspired by Blade Runner.

Rikuo continues to be very rude when hanging out at the cafe (which is, of course, the point, but still...). :/

AAAAAAAANYWAY, I still don't think I really like the visual style of this, although I think it worked a bit better in this episode as compared to the first one, or maybe I just got more used to it.

Oh fuck I promised to watch this.

Doing it now.

• edited 2012-08-27 01:34:19
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Interesting.

I knew that odd door opening that was on screen momentarily meant something.  Didn't think Sammy would come disguised, but going by that, seems like she has self-awareness--something that Mysterious Scientist At The End remarked about with "individuality" I think.  The upbeat ending theme makes me confused as to whether these people think it's a good or a bad thing...

Now I have to go back and listen more carefully to what exactly Sammy said to the bartender...oh, it was just about the coffee, and about how Rikuo treats her.

I was totally expecting the bartender to kick Rikuo out after what happened...though in retrospect, I guess it is easier to keep a secret if you make someone comfortable with you and agree with you.

And now that we've been introduced to a few more characters in the cafe, there's like an open question for every one of them, as to whether they're an android.  But, then again, one has to also ask, in the context of the show, should we be asking that question?

And in retrospect, the little girl seemed to be in on the "Rikuo can't see jack without his glasses" thing, though the bartender--I guess her name's Nagi--seems to have mistimed that last bit.

Fun fact: there a little bit in the ending theme--specifically around 15:06 to 15:16 that sounds very reminiscent of the beginning of "Lights and Anymore" by TRF (the OP for Wangan Midnight).  Upon closer inspection it seems to be close enough that I'm willing to bet that that was intentional.  That said, that little bit of "Lights and Anymore" might itself be taken from another source, so it might be that they're both drawing from the same source...?

I was totally expecting the bartender to kick Rikuo out after what happened

But then the series would end D:

The way I figure it, the bartender is more interested in helping customers grow than in kicking everyone who violates the rules at all out.

Anyway, re-watched it. I liked this episode. Not all that much really happened in the way of overall plot development, but this series is kind of relaxed like that for the most part, and that's part of its charm.

I think this is the first episode where they start with the "in the future, probably Japan" thing. That always makes me laugh because when I watched it with my old school's anime club, someone said "We're not really sure. In the future, geography is a low priority in schools."

Anyway, aside from that, this episode reminded me that other than the first episode and the climax of the last episode, I don't actually remember that much about this series in terms of plot details. That makes re-watching it a lot more fun.

Does this series share any staff with Wangan Midnight?

• edited 2012-08-27 02:49:10

Only Rie Tanaka, who is a seiyuu and not actually a staff member anyway.

Also, for future reference, you can figure that out yourself by using Anime News Network's compare function.

• edited 2012-08-27 02:57:12
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Hmm...she sang the ending theme in the last episode, which we've so far not heard.  Just the instrumental ending theme.  I wonder if it's related to the song version.

And why isn't seiyuu considered staff?  I'd consider voice talent to be staff.

• And why isn't seiyuu considered staff?

Idunno.  But "cast" and "staff" are usually talked about separately.

• a little muffled

I think this is the first episode where they start with the "in the future, probably Japan" thing. That always makes me laugh because when I watched it with my old school's anime club, someone said "We're not really sure. In the future, geography is a low priority in schools."
    That was in the first episode too I think.

• But you never had any to begin with.

It was.

Yeah, it was.

• edited 2012-08-27 11:09:09
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Oh. Well it was the first episode where I noticed it >.>

• a little muffled

Show of hands: who's ready for episode 3? It's been over a week since we started episode 2.

• Meeeeeeee!

Yeah, I kind of forgot we were doing this... >.>

I can watch it today though, yeah.

I'm ready.
    I remembered this, but I've been busy as shit. I'll try to fit it in today.

> z

7. Yes

> 7

. . . I'mma probably pull out of this one, unless I'm really free on the weekend. I have lots of friends, for once, so I have stuff to do all the time.
  • edited 2012-08-30 23:50:41
    There is love everywhere, I already know

I'm ready but I'll probably only have time to watch it tomorrow.

• edited 2012-09-01 11:34:09
    Loser

If it helps move this thing along, I finished the second episode and would be fine with going to #3.

I've watched episode 3 already.

Hey, is this still a thing?

I'd like to watch episode 4.

It's been long enough.  I'm changing the thread title.

I've seen episode 3, but I was waiting for someone else to talk about it, since I've already watched the series.