If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Welp, I got caught in a speed trap tonight. 

It was pretty late at night and it a fifty-thirty MPH zone switch. I don't think I was actually speeding but I wasn't about to argue with a cop.

I'm less worried about the ticket as I am my insurance rates. Fuck. Hopefully I can try to play it off as a faulty speedometer or something to keep points off my license. 

• No rainbow star

I WAS going to play some Skyrim, but now I'm under covers fresh out of the dryer and oh dear god why am I wasting time posting on IJBM

• They're somethin' else.

Tch. People think the VMAs are relevant in this day and age?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Well, update on the older brother situation. 

My mother just went over to his place to see if he was okay to come over here. No chance; when she was there last week, it was neat and tidy. Today, it was exceedingly messy and uncared for, which is strange as my older brother has had a tendency to remain neat over the last few years. Apparently, someone else has moved in with him -- another drug abuser, which would make exceedingly poor company for him. 

I hate to say it, but I feel that I'm going to have to cut my older brother out of my life sooner or later -- perhaps sooner. It's like he's regressed decades in drug recovery, and I somehow suspect he's had his hands on heroin again. I'd like nothing more for him to turn this around, but I have to move on with my own life and our family isn't in the best of financial situations, so he's likely to drag us all down. If I want to progress and give back to my family, I can't afford to be weighed down by an older brother and his drug habit. And since I've always been a source of emotional support for him, I suspect he might turn to me financially if I get myself together. There's no way I can have that, because I'll end up feeding his habits and hurting my self-sufficiency at the same time. 

So I suppose that's it, then. I'll keep an eye out to see if he turns things around, but if not, then I'll have to stop thinking of him as a brother. It's a miserable end to things, but he's less and less remaining the brother I knew. I sincerely want the best for him, but that means nothing if he doesn't care about the best for himself. Right now, for myself, I would really love to leave and be somewhere far away, across the ocean. Just to be in a place where I have no part in familial spats and no-one will blame me for taking sides, and I can just focus on the responsibilities I should have to myself. 

• They're somethin' else.

Igh. I've got a friend with his (half) brother on the edge. Usually, every other week, he goes off the deep end and tries to fuck shit up and destroy the house. His mother kicks him out of the house, only for her to let him back in again after like two or three weeks.

Good luck with that, Alex.

My sympathies, Alex. Wish I could help some way. 

• Kichigai birthday!!

Cool things I've learned today: There's a lesbian, live-action parody of Kuso Miso Technique a.k.a the Yaranaika manga

• That's...

I don't even want to think about that.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Lost my internet access for a few days. I'm using my library's internet to post right now.

Move is going alright, though.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

I know that feeling all too well, Nova. Here's to hoping you get it back soon.

Congratulations on the successful move.

• You can change. You can.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2009/12/22/the-batman-the-animated-series-writers-guide-is-totally-awesom/ <-- This is a great article and you should read it if you love cartoons, Batman, fiction or life. 

or breathing

or pizza

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I wanna wish you people here well, even though I haven't had the time to comment much on the problems I know some of you have been facing.  Good luck with everything.

It's 2:22 AM and I need to shower and eat and then sleep and I'm already behind on homework already.

In other news, I'm starting to question my going to this school's anime/gaming club.  I'm being annoyingly bored, in part because they keep watching series I am not interested in, and playing games I'm not interested in playing.  I have made a few new friends (more like acquaintances) but I just feel really bored much of the time.

Maybe it's my fault that I don't like popular series or play popular multiplayer games like League of Legends.

But anyway, it's starting to make me ask what exactly I wanted to get out of my participation in this club.

(Also I think the > 2:1 male-to-female ratio doesn't help with the atmosphere or interests of the club.  FYI, someone else counted the room's ~40 people up and crunched the numbers.)

• edited 2012-09-08 04:28:03
    If that don't work, use more gun.

Well.  I had quite a mishap today.  I accidentally performed a hit and run.  (I accidentally scraped a car while I was backing out, and didn't know to leave a note.)  In short, I broke the fucking law.  I was caught, but the police were nice enough to set up a meeting with me and the guy whose car I hit, and we exchanged insurance info, and I was let go.  Despite that, I'm now officially considered a criminal by the police, and I'm liable to be sued by the guy's insurance company. Oy vey, this day was going so well too.

Jeez. Looks like I'm not the only one with car troubles. my sympathies.

• edited 2012-09-08 04:52:33
    If that don't work, use more gun.

Speed trap huh?  My sympathies.  This is why I drive somewhat slow.  Of course cops are everywhere in my area, so not many people really get caught in them.  Only the most moronic of idiots get caught in my area.  General rule of thumb, if you're driving alone, drive a bit slowly until you know what the speed limit is.  If you're driving with other cars, try to match their speed.

I was lucky I didn't get a ticket or get arrested (which definitely would've happened if I did that to a person.  Fortunately, I know the law enough to know that was a crime.  I didn't think minor scrape damage were also considered hit and runs.  Of course I got chewed out for thinking that way.  "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?" and all that kind of stuff.) or anything like that.  Of course when I went to go inspect the car with my family later, it turned out that the guy hadn't parked his car right, it was a quite a bit tilted.  Which explained how i managed to hit his car in the first place.  Blargh, could've avoided all this if I noticed that, or left a fucking note cause I'm so goddamn stupid.  Blech.

Of course now my friends hate me, because they don't trust me to not perform a hit and run on them.  I hate my life sometimes.

• Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

Speed trap huh? Is this your first speeding ticket?

• edited 2012-09-08 18:40:55
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Watched The Thing. It was...pretty good. I think it may have been over-hyped. The special effects were great. Plot-wise, the beginning and ending are excellent, but some of the bits in the middle tend to have people acting really, really stupid, even for a horror movie. "So...one or more of us is an alien organism and wants to eat and convert all of the others. Let's split up!"

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Hey, guys, we're organizing a RP (a Risk-like geopolitical strategy) over at BTL. You can see more in this thread. If any of you is interested, we'd greatly appreciate if you joined; it's always more fun with more people.

• I got to meet one of my idols today. I even got my picture taken with him. I'm so happy right now.

Oooh, who is it?

• edited 2012-09-08 20:05:08

Geoff Emerick, The head engineer for the later Beatles albums, from Revolver through Abbey Road.

That's cool.

• Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

Going to Washington DC next week.

• Poot dispenser here

Marioguy, Malk: ...Hmm, this may sound like a silly suggestion, but are Radar Detectors legal where you guys live? You might want to look into them.

• edited 2012-09-08 22:26:27
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I'm turning into a vegetarian by convenience.

It's much easier to prepare food that doesn't involve raw meat or fats.

I'm becoming a full-fledged geek.

I pick up a bottle of balsamic vinaigarette salad dressing.  The first thing I think of is Tsukasa Hiiragi.  Then I grasp said bottle in preparation for dispensing it and the second thing I think of is that I can swing it like Demoman's bottle of scrumpy.

not sure if good thing

>.Hmm, this may sound like a silly suggestion, but are Radar Detectors legal where you guys live? You might want to look into them.

Very much not so. I live in a small town and it's pretty much the only way cops get revenue. 

• Has friends besides tanks now

Well, now that it's my 19th birthday, it's time to finally get some new music on my iPod.

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday!