If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

No, this is a different manga. And Michael is a twelve-year-old girl, because Michael reincarnated into her, and they fight demons, but Lucifer doesn't because she's a crybaby who doesn't remember being Lucifer and is scared of bugs, so only Michael fights them, and then rewinds time so it never happened if Lucifer got scared or upset during the fight.

• You can change. You can.

I meant manga in general, not that you're reading the same thing as that thing I was referencing. 

• Has friends besides tanks now

So apparently, when I set something on Google Calendars, I get an email about it too.

• Yeah, that's hardly an unusual-sounding manga.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Folks I want to feel depressed and sad and empty. Recommend me stories that will make me care about the characters before ripping out my heart and stomping on it.

Hmm. If you want sad, I could recommend AnoHana, but I can't think of anything depressing or that would induce an emotional void.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Hey guys I have a question.

How does it feel to be from a country that actually wins medals at the Olympics? ;_;

^^ If you want to feel depressed try being Spanish and watching the Olympics ;_;
  • edited 2012-07-31 13:02:08
    Loser

nohaynicklibre,

This might not make much sense, but sometimes I feel like people on HH speak an entirely different anorak language that I cannot even begin to understand.

Alkthash,

Folks I want to feel depressed and sad and empty. Recommend me stories that will make me care about the characters before ripping out my heart and stomping on it.

That pretty much sounds like Bokurano in a nutshell to me.

Anyway, apparently gorillas have started teaching their children how to take out poacher traps. I find it pretty neat that animals can adapt to stuff like that.

How does it feel to be from a country that actually wins medals at the Olympics? ;_; 

Feels okay, I guess. This is the first year that I've started paying attention to them, and conveniently, I only seem to tune in during events that I'm actually interested in, but it's kinda cool. The U.S. Gymnastics team fucked up, though. >:/

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Eh, we've only got one bronze. For shooting. :/

• God fucking damn it. Come back from a short trip and the washing machine dies.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

• You can change. You can.

Reread Silver Surfer Requiem

Try to finish Starman

American Beauty is sometimes wrongfully talked about as if it was just oscar bait, but it's really good stuff.

Blade Runner's pretty good too. 

Children of Men

And Road to Perdition, of course.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

The Road, MagnoliaSchindler's List, and The Green Mile are all easy candidates. 

• edited 2012-07-31 14:14:36
    Likes cheesecake unironically.

Well, I bought the first volume of Doctor Who "Staffel 5" ("season 5", that confused me at first since there are a lot more seasons, until I looked it up and saw that since the 2005 reboot, they began to number them new and call them "series" instead of "seasons") and watched the first episode. It was certainly enjoyable and makes me want to see more. I can already say that it was worth the money. Good thing that I didn't let my usual disinterest in SF TV-series (which I don't really understand myself, actually) dissuade me.

I also got the second season of Sherlock. I considered it yesterday and remembered that I only saw the first episode of the first season, so I went ahead and watched the third one. After I saw it, there was no way that I couldn't buy the second season as soon as possible. Not just because it was so good, but mostly because the creators seem to enjoy hanging the viewers from cliffs. But I blame Juan, because he convinced me to skip the second episode.

How does it feel to be from a country that actually wins medals at the Olympics?

Heh, I don't even know if Germany wins anything in the Olympics. Yeah, I'm kind of not really interested in it.

• edited 2012-07-31 14:37:25
    Loser

nohaynicklibre,

How does it feel to be from a country that actually wins medals at the Olympics? ;_:

Pretty good I guess, it certainly gives you a lot of people to root for who have a good chance of winning. Plus, not that I am at all responsible for any of their success, but I do like seeing how absurdly happy some of the athletes sound after they win medals.

The flipside of that is that it seems like people have some really high standards for American athletes. I mean, the U.S. men's and women's basketball teams both won by over 25 in their first games yet most of the media was quick to emphasize their flaws and how much better they would need to play in the future.

The RoadMagnoliaSchindler's List, and The Green Mile are all easy candidates. 

Oh, yeah, how could I forget Blood Meridian? Except that I don't know if you're supposed to care about any of the characters; I found it really hard, in spite of mostly enjoying it.

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-07-31 14:34:16

So my sister tells me to draw(or rather, trace) a picture of Mario for some sort of project. I make two things. First one is an NES sprite. That one is rejected for looking too "unfamiliar." So I take a picture of Racoon Mario from SMB3 and trace over it. That one is rejected for looking too "weird," because Mario is always normal-looking. And now she tells me I have to make another, more generic looking Mario despite putting time and energy into it.

I'd sooner tear my hair out.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Well, it's official. The soonest I'll have the chance to start my second year of college is fall 2013 :/

• a little muffled

Whooo, finally beat ALttP. It only took ten years!

• edited 2012-07-31 16:12:15
    Has friends besides tanks now

Well, it's official. The soonest I'll have the chance to start my second year of college is fall 2013 :/

Aw. No possibility of starting in the spring?

I also don't know why the K-On! thread on SA is only rated a 3/5, it's amazing. . . . Oh, right, creepers.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    A lot of the schools higher on my list don't take spring transfers.

Ah.

Well, at least you aren't worrying about graduate school years in advance, as far as I know.

• edited 2012-07-31 16:20:22
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'm not, but my parents have been bugging me about it since I started highschool.

Ah. Sadly, that's not remotely surprising anymore.

• edited 2012-07-31 16:24:51

I also don't know why the K-On! thread on SA is only rated a 3/5, it's amazing. . . . Oh, right, creepers.

?

• edited 2012-07-31 16:26:07
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

azusa no

I'm sorry to hear that, Clocks.

• edited 2012-07-31 16:26:59
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^^In fairness, I shouldn't be using the plural there. It's mostly dad. He had a shitty college experience, so he wants me to have a perfect one. But he's so out-of-touch with me that he has not even a vague idea what that involves.

• edited 2012-07-31 17:06:19
    Has friends besides tanks now

Is this just about an accurate summary of The Great Gatsby? I honestly don't remember it that well, but this amused me greatly.

By the way, @LouieW, that article on gorillas that you posted was amazing. Hopefully they're kept safe enough to keep developing.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    ^ blah blah blah cast of assholes blah blah blah symbolism on billboards.