If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Hatter was pretty much all of those too, except "mentally unstable" (and sometimes, I'm not even sure if he was stable)

plus, he was misogynist.

• edited 2012-06-29 20:46:46
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

To be fair, Whedon only wrote Resurrection. A script can make or break a film, but while Whedon's script was flawed and had some silly stuff in it, the film did fail it in some ways and didn't make some alterations it could have. Fincher was more directly screwed by Fox -- most of the time, he wasn't working with a shooting script or anything, and different producers would go back and forth on what resources he was allowed. It must have been hell, and it really says a lot about Fincher that he still managed to direct an interesting and unique film. 

• edited 2012-06-29 20:48:21
    You can change. You can.

I never said Whedon got screwed by Fox during Alien:Resurrection. ;)

• Definitely not gay.

So he was basically SotiCoto 2?

soticoto came later, but yeah

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Eelektross- Hatter was like dogged nice guy and petulant whiny emasculated male incarnate.
  • edited 2012-06-29 20:50:13
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^^ I don't think I'd go quite that far. Hatter was bad, but Soticoto was a special kind of stupid.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

Hatter was one of those more difficult cases because he could go from being genuinely pleasant to a massive bigot in a heartbeat, then back again. Granted, back then, IJBM was a lot slower when it came to removing problem users. 

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Didn't he hate cops because they kept him from stealing stuff and killing people?

Yeah, Hatter never went on to claim that murder is a good thing or whatever the fuck he was on about.

I remember Myrmidon describing Soti as my "hatecrush", which amuses me to this day. 

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Yeah, Hatter never went on to claim that murder is a good thing or whatever the fuck he was on about.
    Murdering a newborn just because, even.
  • Definitely not gay.

Myrmidon <3< Soti?

For such a small forum, we've sure had a lot of crazies. 

• edited 2012-06-29 20:54:33
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

He also flat out said that femininity is objectively worse to masculinity among other things.

Soticoto was a special kind of stupid.

He was more than stupid, he was a Tongpu-style wannabe sociopath and proud racist.

^When your userbase used to consist of banned tropers, that comes with the territory.

• edited 2012-06-29 20:54:07
    You can change. You can.

I remember Myrmidon describing Soti as my "hatecrush", which amuses me to this day.

I love when Myrmidon was self-aware like that

Every once in a blue moon, but still. 

proud racist.

I don't remember that.

Then again, those days were all kinds of hazy

• edited 2012-06-29 20:54:32
    I'm a damn twisted person
    Myrmidon <3< the Internet really
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Oh God Homestuck...RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

• edited 2012-06-29 20:56:44

^^^I remember him saying that racism was awesome, and that the middle east should be nuked.

• Oh, Myrmidon, Blitzwing, Draven, all those crazies.

do remember the second one. I think that was his SotiCoto-est moment, really.

Myrmidon sure was crazy, but I don't think he deserves to sit beside Blitzwing and Draven. Myrm was frustrating to deal with much of the time, but as far as I recall, wasn't a bigot or delusional or anything like that. He just had a way of expressing himself that left us all scratching our heads. 

• edited 2012-06-29 20:59:40
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I also remember him saying that suicide is awesome, and unironicaly calling people who were brave enough to commit suicide heroes.

And Myrm was kind of obsessive and weird, but compared to some of the nut jobs we've had, he was relatively normal.
  • edited 2012-06-29 20:59:48
    Definitely not gay.

I wouldn't lump Myrmidon in with blitzwing and Draven.

I mean, the reason for his banning was that he was being incredibly immature for no good reason, but I still wouldn't lump him in with a pedophile or an actual arsehole.

lol ninjas

• edited 2012-06-29 21:01:51

To be fair, Myrmidon was nowhere near as bad as those other guys. He just got really obtuse and passive aggressive after that one incident.

e: So many ninjas

Also is it bad that I actually find this particular drive down memory lane amusing?

double e: Also Blitzwing was exclusively BTL's problem.

Myrmidon sure was crazy, but I don't think he deserves to sit beside Blitzwing and Draven. Myrm was frustrating to deal with much of the time, but as far as I recall, wasn't a bigot or delusional or anything like that. He just had a way of expressing himself that left us all scratching our heads.

He seems to be saying that Draven and Blitzwing were both his hatecrushes. 

I don't recall him interacting with either, though. Or caring much about them.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Myrmidon was Banned? Holy crap I miss out on stuff really blatant.

http://itjustbugsme.com/forums/discussion/5649/i-thought-only-one-thread-was-throwing-a-shitfit./p4

Speaking of memory lane, I find it amusing to see both Alex and Forzare to declare themselves to be problematic considering their current state.

also i used way too many ellipses.

• Definitely not gay.

And now I am imagining a badger and a cockroach as Terezi and Vriska. Great.

• Oh God Homestuck...RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

So, vandro <3< Homestuck