If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM anime club

Comments

• edited 2012-03-11 20:10:26
    You can change. You can.

Nope, sorry. 

ETA: I just joke about the lesbian subtext. The very little lesbian subtext I've seen thus far.

• a little muffled

As far as I know it's just subtexty.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Noir is meant to be very subtext-y, and it's supposed to get more subtext-y as you get further in.

• Has friends besides tanks now

I'd have taken yuri over subtext, but I guess something deep and intelligent is fine, too. >:

I kid, I kid. Yuri would be a mite awkward for group viewing.

• edited 2012-03-11 20:26:59
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Only explicit yuri. Something like Sasameki Koto would probably be fine (if it wasn't a drama-based show, featuring teenagers in various romantic entanglements, that honestly isn't very good).

But yeah, something like Noir is probably better.

Actually, if you wanted something that has more proper yuri in it, I'm going to check out Mai HiME after I finish watching Noir. It has some out-and-out yuri in it (even if it's not treated well lol SPOILERS).

• edited 2012-03-11 20:28:38
    Has friends besides tanks now

Well, if it weren't explicit yuri, it'd be shojou-ai, no? Depends on our definitions of "explicit", I suppose. Don't mind me and my semantics.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

No, the words don't mean anything different in the country of origin (Japan but I probably shouldn't need to point that out).

In Western lands, we differentiate between shoujo-ai and yuri, though, so I guess you could make that case.

I was just being a jokester anyway and using "explicit" as in "hey, look, they're actually consummating their relationship with physical affection", rather than "graphic sexual content".

I did know what you meant, but it's more fun for me to reply like this.

Fair enough.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

There's yuri subtext in Noir, but if you're not looking for it, you might miss it except for a few specific moments.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Wait, fuck you guys are actually doing this? Yeah I'll definitely join in. 

• I might watch with you guys next week, but otherwise 7 PM (GMT-5) might be hard since that's usually when I go back to school.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Everest: we should watch Utena together. It's technically subtext but it overloaded my yuri goggles. 

• You can change. You can.

I kinda wanna finish Utena, because I couldn't watch it with the #yackfest guys.

• I'm a damn twisted person

I couldn't either really. Utena maraton?

Sure, but I think that'll be more of a Juan/Malk/Cralk thing.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Cralk? Geeze, is my real nick like the public secret everybody knows around here?

one of many. Like who's protega, where's longfellow, etc.

• a little muffled

It was a secret?

A public secret.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Who the fuck protega is?

tis a mystery.

• Okay, damn it, I still want to do this even though this failed unspectacularly the last zillion times we tried getting it off the ground.  And I'm even actually willing to organize things now.

How about this?  Instead of watching a show at the same time and talking about it on IRC, which apparently we just will never be able to do...  We do something different.

We watch, say, one/two episodes a day (or whatever rate is appropriate/works for people), whenever in the day you have time for it, and afterwards you can post in this thread about it.  Or rather, we watch asynchronously and discuss in this thread instead of IRC.

It won't result in the same kind of commentary that you get if you're watching a show at exactly the same time as other people, but since we'd be watching a series and not, like, a movie, we'd still get a similar effect of being able to discuss the show while it's in progress and speculate on future events and whatnot.  More importantly though, it'll be far easier for people to actually do it, since there won't be a need to have free time at the same time as everyone else...

Is there anyone who'd be interested in doing something like that?  And if we do it, should we start with Gunbuster, as was decided last few times we tried starting this, or is there something else that would be better?

I wanna try it (And in fact, I've had this tab open for the last week pondering whether I should give it another bump) so sure, I'd do it.

speaking of clubs, can anyone find me the film one?

you're the best.

• edited 2012-05-18 09:17:14

Nobody cares, it seems. :c

Well, except Juan.

• edited 2012-05-18 09:28:51
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I think a few episodes a week is probably more doable.  but one episode a day could work.

I was thinking of proposing this earlier but I didn't feel like organizing this myself.

• edited 2012-05-18 09:35:04
    Has friends besides tanks now
    I'm fairly busy until Sunday, and away from my laptop. But I'll see what I can do after that. Unlike IRC, this could work, though.