If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM anime club

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now
    I would have voted Baccano!, but I've already seen it.
  • They're somethin' else.
    FLCL
  • $80+ per session
    FLCL
  • You can change. You can.
    You don't wanna rewatch it cuz you're gay and stuff, Evermod >:|

My vote is for Baccano as well.

Vote at 12:00 AM Colombia time (1:27 left, in case you're interested)

If you vote, you're implying you're participating. It's not obligatory, though, but if you can't make it, it'd be good to know, anyway.

I think we could use the #ijbm-filmclub channel as it is unusued these days, anyway.
    :/

I still want to participate in Film Club
  • Good people don't end up here.
    ...there used to be a film club? :<

(I vote for Baccano on the grounds that it is the one name I recognize.)
    I want to, but YOU FUCKING MOTHERFUCKERS HAVE BETRAYED ME

FEEL THE RAEG OF A THOUSAND CAPS, WHORES
  • $80+ per session
    IT'S CALLED A LIFE JUAN.
    FUCK YOU I'M SCHITZO
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I'm voting Baccano.
    @Them: Honestly, I'd be willing to reopen, but it's been complicated and blah blah.
    OK, voting is closed:

We've got:

Sora No Woto: Malkavian, Everest, DYRE
    Baccano: Neo_Crimson, Juan_Carlos (Handsome mo'fo'), Them and Nyktos
    FLCL: Schitzo and Vivi.

There we are. 9 people voted, 9 people are going to watch Baccano next week unless anyone else wants to jump in the bandwagon or leave.

In the meantime, I recommend you all start looking for Gunbuster and download it. That is all. 

We're still using #ijbm-filmclub. However, I think an OP change is in order. Anyone who wants to step up as an OP, send me a PM (And food and booze as well)

• So, like, we're watching Gunbuster sometime this week apparently, right?  So... when?
    Saturday around 5 PM CST would be best. I can do Friday after 8 PM too though.
  • edited 2011-11-16 23:37:41
    You can change. You can.
    I'm going with "This weekend"

I'm pretty much completely and utterly free for now, so fix as you all need.
  • I don't have any plans for this weekend, so I am potentially free whenever.  In reality though, there's a decent chance I won't be able to do anything on Saturday.  So Friday is probably best for me at least.
    OK, so for those who are unaware, my laptop is shot down to the ground.

I can still use IRC and log on the channel #ijbm-filmclub. And if you have downloaded the movie, then I guess we could watch it today. 

If you don't want to, though, or don't feel like doing it today, we can do it tomorrow. 
  • a little muffled
    Today probably doesn't work for me; it's my brother's birthday and I dunno how late that's meant to go.
    Depending on how long it takes to torrent Gunbuster, I might just stream it.
    same
  • edited 2011-11-19 11:41:32
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Hmm. 12.7% downloaded in about twenty minutes. That's most promising.
    I'm not sure I might be able to make it either. My internet has been going on and off all day, and when it does work it's too slow to stream videos.
  • I nominate Futari Wa Pretty Cure!

As for the stuff that's already up for vote... FLCL!
  • edited 2011-11-19 12:53:21
    Hmm. For next week, I don't mind watching Baccano! again; this gives me an excuse to validate my purchase of the complete series on DVD.

And my download of Gunbuster should be finished within the hour.
    My internet is back up. Just put a link and I'll be in the chatroom soon.
  • Incidentally, after finally thinking for more than a second about what Juan has kept saying...

there actually is a Gunbuster movie, huh?  Which appears to just be an edited version of the OVA with new audio, but still, is not the same thing as the OVA series.

So... which one has everyone been talking about throughout this thread?

• a little muffled
    I was referring to the OVA, of course. I've never seen the movie, but I don't really feel the need to watch a shortened version of an already-short series that doesn't add anything new.
    I'm not sure if I downloaded the movie or the OVA. I'll look into that.
  • edited 2011-11-19 16:44:37
    The OVA had 6 episodes.  So if you downloaded one video then you downloaded the movie, if you downloaded six then you downloaded the OVA.
  • edited 2011-11-19 16:47:09
    Oh yeah, I remembered that there were multiple files I torrented (I also got the Science Lessons and some other stuff). So I have the OVA.

Also, IRC link please? I don't know where it was posted last.