If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM anime club

Comments

• You can change. You can.
     I really would rather not watch Madoka again if I can help it.

come on, the point of this is watching shit we'd never watch unless really drunk.

which reminds me, somebody add prettycure to that shit. :P

anyway, I'd still like to try the channel, if people are willing. I mean, yeah, discussion post series would be nice too, but there's something so appealing to the idea of seeing people form their thoughts as they're watching and stuff.

Although I guess we could post per episode or something.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I really prefer the idea of posting thoughts as it goes along, so IRC or Skype would be fine with me.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    How about Durarara? It's 13 episodes and I'd love for an excuse to watch it again.
    OK, so let's establish an order first.

Personally, I wanna watch Gunbuster first, as it's by far easier to test this whole thing with a movie.

Then we'd watch a 13 episode series. And we're going to vote on a pool of five.

Then we broaden the pool to a 26 episodes cap (Still allowing 13 eps of course)

Agreed?
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Okay, should we do the voting now or wait when (if) we're done with Gunbuster?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Durarara isn't 13 episodes; it's 26.
    I'd be up for nominations.

Only one per user, though. Let's keep this controlled. 
  • Assuming 15 episodes is close enough to 13... I vote Bakemonogatari.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    If we're asking for short ones, I recommend Sora No Woto.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Moyashimon
  • -changes vote to Sora no Woto-
    I should mention that that doesn't mean that your nomination will be thrown out.

That reminds, you can't vote for your own nominations unless there's a tie or something. Try to keep it varied. 

Either that or we randomize it.

Anyway, I nominate Twin Peaks' first season 

Baccano.
    Well, I nominate a 4-episode series about a biology student who can talk to microbes.
    Names, Glenn. I need to look up this shit and torrent it. No way I'm streaming.
    Moyashimon
    ah
  • They're somethin' else.
    I'm gonna be a dick and say FLCL just because it fits into the category of "required reading" anime, in my mind.
    I don't see how's that dickish. --shrug--
  • They're somethin' else.
    ionolol
  • a little muffled
    @Juan_Carlos:
    Personally, I wanna watch Gunbuster first, as it's by far easier to test this whole thing with a movie.
    Gunbuster is an OVA series, not a movie. Though it's still shorter than some movies I've seen.
    POINT IS: It's not a series
  • Yes it is.   Just not a TV series.  Or a long series of any sort.
    ah, shaddap. :p
  • $80+ per session
    Flcl
  • edited 2011-11-16 20:52:14
    Has friends besides tanks now
    I vote against FLCL. Forgot to say so sooner. Thanks for reminding me, Vivi.
    OK, let's get this out of the way:

We got

Bakemonotagari
    Sora No Woto
    Moyashimon
    Baccano
    FLCL

Vote as you see fit. You only have one vote, so use it carefully and something you think you can watch and enjoy or are at least really curious about or something.
  • edited 2011-11-16 20:58:43
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Hmm . . .

I suppose I can finish Bakemonogatari on my own time; I only have five episodes left. I vote for Sora no Woto.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Hee, people like my suggestion. 

I also vote for Sora No Woto.
  • edited 2011-11-16 21:05:42
    Voting for So·Ra·No·Wo·To 
  • a little muffled
    I vote Baccano!