If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Confrontation with some scumbag

2»

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now
    "Wait, you're still in high school? Doesn't that make you younger than me?"

Yeah, I just turned 18 back in September.
  • WHHHAAAAH?!

Eevee is 18?!

..Well color me surprised.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    ^ Did you think I was older than you, too, or something?

I'm like one of the youngest people here.
  • edited 2011-11-11 14:29:25
    Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy
    @Tachi: Thing is, I at least wasn't ignoring them on purpose. I was looking the other way as several people were walking in each direction. Friend was talking to me.
  • edited 2011-11-11 14:34:33
    Oh, I misread a bit of the OP then. >.>
  • I get paranoid about the possibility of random things like this happening too. The likelihood of them happening on-campus is almost nil, so that's reassuring. Out in Boston, I've always stuck to good areas and tried to not really acknowledge/interact with anyone.

I've never been in a fight before. Or really any confrontation of this level, even verbally. I'm not really sure how I would handle it at all. See not only am I scrawny (and short, not tall-skinny-scrawny) and completely unskilled, but I also have one kidney. I have never been allowed to play contact sports or participate in any martial arts, not like I'd want to do either of those things, but still: I have an actual fatal weak point. If I said this to someone, assuming they even believed me, would they back off? (Especially if I didn't tell them which side had the kidney and which didn't?)
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    They might. Some people are scum, but few want a death on their hands.

Don't tell them which side it's on, though. 'Cause then they know where to avoid.
  • edited 2011-11-11 14:55:10
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm like one of the youngest people here.
    You're still older than me.  :<
  • edited 2011-11-11 14:57:58
    ^^Yeah. Hmm. Well anyway, I bet I could come back in another 21 years of life and still not have gotten into a fight ever.

I mean, I'm also never broken a bone or sprained anything, ever. Only been stung by a bee/wasp twice, and both times were absurdly unexpected accidents. I'm an incredibly cautious and paranoid person, but I'm still happy and everything, so it's really all for the best.

But yeah, I like having control over my life. Being accosted by some guy for essentially no reason is exactly the sort of thing that would particularly trouble me. 
  • No rainbow star
    Forzare is even younger than that?

...Dammit I thought you guys were 21 at least!
  • ^ It's not compulsory to get into fights, of course. Apart from a few when I was really young, I've never been in a fight. It's a sign of failure, not success.

I've also never really seriously injured myself in an accident, although admittedly I'm not exactly out skiing or playing rugby every weekend.

• edited 2011-11-11 15:06:18
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ I'm 18 too, but Everest is about a month older than me.
  • For me personally, two of the most awkward questions I've ever been asked were, back in my early teenage years, were "Have you ever been in a fight?" and "Are you rich?" The latter being even more awkward, really, but not relevant to this thread. 

Just saying. It seems like either confrontations happen to people, or they don't. And a lot factors into it, location, personality, and more...but my friends don't get in fights either, my dad never did...so I guess I see a pattern.
  • I've been in a kind of sort of fight. Though it wasn't really one. I just pushed the guy, and he was short so he fell to the ground. Two-day suspension followed.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ In school suspension or out of school?
  • I've been in more my fair share of fights. More than I'd like to admit.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    >I've been in more my fair share of fights. More than I'd like to admit.m Scottish

FTFY :)
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    It's nice to know that some things never change.

And that the English have Scotland between them and Iceland.