If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"In the kitchen" jokes.

edited 2011-09-30 22:11:47 in General
[tɕagɛn]
Goddamit internet, they weren't funny when they were invented and they sure as hell aren't funny now.

Comments

• The Internet functions on anti-humour.
  • $80+ per session
    Oh no, they are funny sometimes.
  • No, they're not. I have never found a single one funny. They're all chauvinist, have the aura of "fuck women they are inferior to men", and are basically perpetrated by guys who are closet misogynists but want to "joke" about it so they can continue justifying their opression of women for no good reason.
  • I'm far more offended that people think this is funny after the 968th time.
  • EVERYONE GET THE FUCK OUT. I GOT THIS
    I find them humorous when chucked at misandrist radical feminists.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    What about "make me a sammich" jokes? I know actual women that laugh at, and make, those.
  • edited 2011-09-30 22:20:46
    $80+ per session
    Please, Chagen. You can't honestly believe the people that make these jokes REALLY think women should be oppressed.

Oh hey, those black people sure love friend chicken. They should be enslaved and I totally believe this, seriously.

^ Exactly.
  • "I'm far more offended that people think this is funny after the 968th time."

That's my point.

I mean, jesus, when you're literally the 700th person to make a stupid joke in a youtube comment, it's not worth it.
  • Vivi: It toes the line.

Also, thoss youtube commentators probably do believe it.

"What about "make me a sammich" jokes? I know actual women that laugh at, and make, those."

Those aren't funny either.

Sexist jokes are not funny. Ever. There are so many better gags you can pull--I've never resorted to one myself.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    6 people ought to be relegated to the kitchen
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    You can't honestly believe the people that make these jokes REALLY think women should be oppressed.

Not overtly, no.
  • edited 2011-09-30 22:24:50
    ʍɥɐʇ po ʎon ɔɐll ɐ ɾoʞǝ ʍıʇɥonʇ ɐ dnuɔɥlıuǝ
    5 people need to make me a sandwich

EDIT: DAMN IT, ninja'd, now it's not funny
  • edited 2011-09-30 22:25:20
    Poot dispenser here
    "youtube comment"

NOT BEEG SURPRISE

^
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Sexist jokes can be funny.

Especially when Clocky's around. :3c

Like all humour, context is key.
  • Whose fault is it when a women gets hit by a car? The driver. He should never have tried to drive in the kitchen.
  • edited 2011-09-30 22:27:11
    $80+ per session
    Silly men. You belong in the office! File these tax reports!

Q. Why did the woman cross the road?

A. Who cares, what was she doing out of the kitchen?
  • I won't laugh at any of those "jokes" (As a person who practices the art of comedy, I do not wish to ordain these abortions with the title of "jokes"), no matter how hard you try.
  • $80+ per session
    Chagen, what do you think is funny?

Also

The last fight was my fault. My wife asked, "What's on the TV?" I said, "Dust!"
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Sexist jokes can be funny.

We're not talking about sexist humor, we're talking about a subset of jokes that are never, ever funny because the punchline is ALWAYS the same.
  • Poot dispenser here
    ^This.
  • I find a lot of things funny. Let me think about the jokes in Assholes Get All The Bitches.

But a lot of my jokes are based on snark, irony, or "deconstructions", for lack of a better term.
  • I heard that humor is subjective...

But when I went south, they told me my type wasn't allowed around them der parts.
  • edited 2011-09-30 22:31:21
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    ^^^^ Not the way Chagen is parsing his thoughts.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    >youtube comment

Quoth Malk

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii17/Neo_Crimson/ohyou.gif">
  • "As a person who practices the art of comedy, I do not wish to ordain these abortions with the title of "jokes""

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HA. HA.

Any way, my wife set up a website for the prevention of domestic violence. She got 200 hits in the first hour.

• edited 2011-09-30 22:33:08
    $80+ per session
    Clocky, I can't see you being disliked in the south.

^ That's my favorite one.
  • Conductor, I don't crack jokes on the fora because they fall flat without intonation. Most of my humor is making people chuckle mildly through snarky characters.
  • "I heard that humor is subjective..."

For some reason, whenever I see that line, I imagine that being pleaded by a stand-up comedian on the receiving end of heckles and rotten fruit. Must have hung around Tvtropes too much.

• Did you know, that hyperbolism is a form of humor.
This discussion has been closed.