If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

What's your favorite work of fiction ever?

124»

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    But Lost is poorly written and has too many characters I can't bring myself to give a shit about.
  • You can change. You can.
    But Lost is poorly written

explain
  • edited 2011-09-24 21:52:57
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    PACING.

PACING PACING PACING.

Also trying too hard to throw curveballs at the fans in obvious ways.

It also balances its magical realism very poorly, like with the infamous smoke monster.

Also, scratch that. My favorite TV show is probably actually MST3K.
    > Pacing

Too quick? Too slow?

> Also trying too hard to throw curveballs at the fans in obvious ways. 

I honestly think that the twists were what made Lost...Lost. It reminded of Y The Last Man and its need to throw cliffhangers and twists in my face. Which is why it was fun. 

Also, they share writers for a reason. ;)

It also balance its magical realism very poorly, like with the infamous smoke monster.

I honestly think that Lost being weirder and very unrealistic is what made its mythology interesting to me, rather than it being magic realism. I don't think it ever even attempted that.
  • edited 2011-09-24 22:42:43
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I love Lost, though I haven't gone on a binge and watched the whole series through since it ended.

I should do that, considering we have the whole series on DVD.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Admittedly I only got through half the  first season and that was a while back, so I can't argue very fully. That said, I remember enough to not want to go back.
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    Komodin is a bro.

What can I say? I have great taste in fiction.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    MY LITTLE PONY:

FRIENDSHIP IS  MAGIC
    ^ I never said that.
  • ^^Where's the Paedofinder General when you need him?