If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

letting poor people vote: "like handing out burglary tools to criminals"

Comments

• No rainbow star
    ...Thanks. I needed to remove about half my brain cells. I felt like my head was getting too heavy
  • edited 2011-09-05 23:27:30
    If poor people really do want nothing more than to take as much money and services from richer people as possible, what he is saying makes sense.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    ew
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Makes perfect sense to me. I mean, Rome didn't let the poor vote. We want to be like Rome, right?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    random buggery at the communal bathrooms?
  • The only people "destroying" America are the GOP.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I gotta admire this guy for his honesty at least.
  • edited 2011-09-05 23:50:21

Oh man, I thought people like this only existed in shitty doorstopper novels written by rabid egomaniacs.

VV Point still stands.

Haha, nice Ayn Rand dig. =D
    Late Update: Responding to what he says are misrepresentations of his view, Vadum writes that of course he thinks poor people have the right to vote, he just doesn't want anybody to help them since their votes "could lead to the destruction of the republic."
  • So, what fictional universe did I wake up in today?
    The scariest one of all, Clock. The real one.
  • No rainbow star
    ^^^ We get that. The wording however is COMPLETELY bizarre and makes me, at least, wonder how truthful his backtracking really is
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    lol @ backtracking
    he just doesn't want anybody to help them since their votes "could lead to the destruction of the republic."
  • No rainbow star
    ^

Cygan, I'm genuinely curious as to the point you're trying to make.

I think he is implying that poor people are Darth Vader D:
  • edited 2011-09-06 00:14:52
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Man, Republicans think I'm cooler than I actually am.
  • What's he's saying is what Cygan quoted.

Conservatives usually think that the left uses its like of social programs like welfare to "buy" the votes of the poorer classes that benefit the most from those social programs.

Whether or not this is true....that's the question (who wouldn't vote for the party that keeps you afloat?)
  • But if  we help poor people... they won't be poor anymore, which means we' won't have any more poor people to try and destroy the republic....

• >The Right
    >Sense

You can have one or the other
    So... we should give Darth Vader our money?
    I'm poor, ergo I am Darth Vader.

I will gladly take your money then use it to move and get a job.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Apparently a good number of these people actually believe that the poor people remain poor because they can get handouts, and the only way they'll stop being poor is if you...uh...I really don't know how to come up with a good analogy for this...kick them out of poverty or something.
  • It's more a "MAKE BUSINESS, GET RICH"

Which only happens to like 1% of the people who make businesses

"Despite what is commonly thought, relatively few small businesses fail. Over the 2 year period 1994-95 and 1995-96, an average of 23 200 small businesses or 6.1% ceased operating in Australia. Less than 10% of these closures were due to bankruptcy proceedings (in the case of unincorporated businesses) or companies being liquidated. The other businesses closed down for reasons such as the owner retiring, seeking a different lifestyle or dying.

The failure of Australian businesses fell significantly during the 1990's. It is estimated in 1999-2000, there were 3.6 failures per 1000 enterprises."

Because I totally have the capital to start a business of any sort.
  • edited 2011-09-06 00:53:40
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Go sell cheap used electronics in a seedy part of town or park domain names or something.
  • While most small businesses manage to stay afloat, that's not quite the same as being rich.