If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People doing this sort of thing

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I actually don't own a sharp sword yet. Training swords, yes. My next purchase is going to be a competition-level blunt steel.

Of course, any blunt steel sword can be sharpened if you know how. You don't want a 90 degree angle blade edge, though. You want something closer to 45 or 30 degrees.
  • B-But the daedric and some of the glass/ebony weapons from Morrowind at least look cool~! :<

I'd totally pole (staff?)-dance on the daedric staff. It would be the most painful poledance ever but still! :<
    With the exception of ebony stuff, all the high-level gear looks so useless. :< They get so wrapped up in making stuff look cool. Not that you can't have both; the LotR movies are full of stuff that both looks cool and would be extremely effective. Oh, Anduril~

The steel and silver gear probably give the best combination of aesthetics and functionality.
  • @Op: I can't at all sympathize with you, people playing a game unlike you is not that horrendous a crime.
  • /Has never played a single one of the oblivion series

/Wondered if I should try one out
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I can kind of see the point. I read books very slowly, so when someone skims a book I love in a matter of hours I'm all D=

• @Op: I can't at all sympathize with you, people playing a game unlike you is not that horrendous a crime.

I never said it was. I kinda acknowledged already in the OP that it was a silly complaint. :(
  • You can change. You can.
    /Has never played a single one of the oblivion series

elder scrolls

@Op: I can't at all sympathize with you, people playing a game unlike you is not that horrendous a crime.

Well, it's more like the game being about a massive world. Focusing on just finishing it quickly is like when someone skims all the non-plot important scenes of a movie just to claim they've watched it.

Admittedly, as Waltzy mentioned, said person probably has played the game before and finished it, but still, it is rather grating. At least, to me it is.

Also, the fact that you have to be so aggresive about your disagreement is kinda annoying, yannow.
  • I know, I just don't understand the kind of mini-elitism that spawns because someone doesn't enjoy something the "right" way.

Heck, half of the fun of snarking on a movie is watching it from a different point of view.

Me and my friend liked to snark a lot out of bad movies, ^_^

but the concept is the same for good movies and stuff.
  • Looking on TvTropes, Elder Scrolls seems rather interesting.

Especially Daggerfall. A game area the size of Great Britian?! Damn, that's just......insane.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    It's not that they're not doing it the 'right' way, it's that half the point of the world is exploring it.
    My problem with Elder Scrolls is that as big as it is.... it just doesn't feel big, you know? So much of it just looks so similar.
  • ^^^ It also ranks in bugginess between Sonic '06 and Big Rigs.
  • >I just don't understand the kind of mini-elitism that spawns because someone doesn't enjoy something the "right" way.

I apologize if I came off that way at all. But I figured the numerous disclaimers and jossing about how it was silly wouldn't give the impression I was trying to avoid, but it seems I wasn't thorough enough. v_v;;

@Chagen: And yeah, it's a great series to get into, as long as you don't mind not getting out for a looong time. XD
  • edited 2011-09-04 02:26:41
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^^That too. Also, OH GOD UNCANNY VALLEY.
  • @Cygan: that's still literally saying "the right way"
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    @Cygan: that's still literally saying "the right way"

No more than saying half the point of a Zelda game is its' puzzles.
    ^Except you don't have the option to skip Zelda's puzzles.
  • edited 2011-09-04 02:33:15
    You can change. You can.
    It's more like saying that someone's missing out on a huge part of the game. It's their loss and you can't do anything about it, but it feels rather jarring.
  • Malk: Given that you can skip every OoT Temple and still beat the game.....
  • My problem with Elder Scrolls is that as big as it is.... it just doesn't feel big, you know? So much of it just looks so similar.
    "I saw a couple of mudcrabs earlier."

"Nasty little creatures. I steer clear of them whenever I can."
    ^Except you don't have the option to skip Zelda's puzzles.

You can skip several temples entirely through glitches.

It's more like saying that someone's missing out on a huge part of the game. It's their loss and you can't do anything about it, but it feels rather jarring.

Yes.
  • >It's
    more like saying that someone's missing out on a huge part of the game.
    It's their loss and you can't do anything about it, but it feels rather
    jarring.

This was all I really meant. I didn't mean to come off sounding condescending or elitist and I'm sorry I came off that way.

• edited 2011-09-04 02:42:40
    ^^That's entirely different from Oblivion's game model.
  • Personally, Speedrunning was always rather interesting to me.

In a an ASCII Roguelike/RPG I want to make one day, I want to make it so that it's possible to win before leaving the first town/do the first sidequest.

It'd be hard as hell, but possible.
    You need the medallions to cross the bridge into Ganon's castle.
  • Pretty sure it's possible to glitch past that.
  • You can change. You can.
    Not if you can fly. :D
  • edited 2011-09-04 02:44:33
    ^^I don't know the glitches he talks about so I have no idea. I only got 100% on OoT a loooooong time ago and never used glitches.

About seven years ago, I think. =D

^Link=/=Peter Pan.
  • seriously

what the fuck was Nintendo smoking when they made OoT

how do you make a game that glitchy