If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"It doesn't gimp the player? OVERPOWERED!"

edited 2011-07-26 01:38:50 in Webspace
God I am getting so sick of people bitching about things being overpowered or a game being too easy? don't fucking use it? this is why cheats have largely died out. God I miss cheat5s. fuck all the scrubs out there if I want to max my stats and get an Infinity Plus One Sword don't bug me about it! Since when was it bad game design to allow the player an advantage and actually have fun. Challenge =/= fun you assholes it's just frustrating! what's the point if I can't ever feel like i've bested everything? Sorry I just hate scrubs with a passion. Is scrub the right word?  trust me i've been in the Fallout community for a while and you start to notice this sort of shit.

Comments

• The Fallout community REALLY isn't a fair representation of gaming communities at all. They're referred to as "glittering gems of hatred" for a reason, y'know.
  • I don't mind overpowered weapons or features in SOLO gameplay. Do whatever you want, I don't care. Max out your character, cheat from the beginning, why would I care?

Multiplayer is another business entirely, though.

• I'LL STAY MAI HAUNDS...WITH YAU BLAHT
    You're pretty close to the original meaning of "scrub." A scrub would be someone who complains about hardscoping (I can't believe that's a term now) because it doesn't make the player jump through as many hoops for a kill.
  • wait how am I a scrub? examples?
  • edited 2011-07-26 12:14:25
    I'LL STAY MAI HAUNDS...WITH YAU BLAHT
    Sorry, I meant your definition of "scrub" came pretty close. I don't think you're a scrub.
  • "hardscoping" is the most ridiculous thing ever.
  • Glaives are better.
    DURR HURR IT TAEKS MOAR SKILLZ 2 KYLL W/ QWIKSKOP I BAN U LOLOLOLOL U MAD BRO? LOL REDDIT 4 LYF
  • Hatter is angry.
  • ....Why wouldn't anyone hardscope?

Isn't that, you know, what real snipers do?
  • no way. real snipers run around in australien hats and throw jars of piss at people.

everyone knows that!
  • What is hardscoping?

• edited 2011-07-26 14:23:01
    Hardscoping is using the scope on a weapon to aim for more than 2 seconds. Anything less than 2 seconds is called quickscoping.
  • Or, in other words, acting like a real sniper.
  • That seems daft...
  • Carefully lining up a shot is daft?
  • No, criticizing somebody for hardscoping is.
  • Yes, sorry, should have been more clear.

Hardscoping is...proper scoping. That's how you snipe.
  • Truly a sad day when the proper way of doing things is sneer at. Many gamers are morons.
  • perhaps one day a shooter will implement higher rates of accuracy the longer you scope. that would be the day wouldn't it?
  • That also wouldn't be realistic.

There's already better accuracy from hardscoping. Quickscoping should be called "being a fucking retard".
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ Well, TF2 already has it where you do more damage the longer you stay scoped.
  • "When did sniping stop being sniping? there shouldn't be quick scoping or no scoping... it should be sitting somewhere sniping people in the open... now its like bolt action assault rifles"

This comment sums it up perfectly.
  • ^^^ That seems daft...
  • well I think the problem is real sniper rifles offer you a MUCH LARGER zoom than what is currently capable in games. most games don't even over a zoom past 10x.
  • edited 2011-07-26 19:40:24
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    What I find odd is that people act like hardscoping inherently makes things easier when the challenge comes from finding a length of time in which someone won't walk up behind you and put a pistol to your skull.
  • Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy

"When did sniping stop being sniping? there shouldn't be quick scoping or no scoping... it should be sitting somewhere sniping people in the open... now its like bolt action assault rifles"

I stand guilty as charged.  Though I assume you mean semi-auto, as so many "sniper rifles" have become limited only by the speed at which you move your trigger finger. In L4D2 I tend to noscope the G3 heavily and quickly.. That isn't so bad itself as a way of playing, but it devalues the purpose of sniper rifles. Might as well just ditch the pretense of auto-snipers being sniper rifles at all. They're portable autocannons.

• BeeBee
    edited 2011-07-26 23:58:06
    I dislike overpowered weapons/tactics because they're signals of poor game balance, and because they circumvent and cheapen what may have been a deeper and more nuanced combat system by providing a foolproof win button that you just mash over and over until the next cutscene starts -- which essentially un-games the game.
  • game =/= hard/challange. IMO harder gazmes are a lot less fun because of how frustrating they are. and that they never actually reward the player and always gimp the player.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Some people think challenge is fun, though.
  • yeah but does it have to be the only fun? I find victory fun. I find eventually being able to max my stats fun. and if I don't have that goalpost to reach for I don't bother.