If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Valentine's Day

Comments

• You can change. You can.

but what if i enjoy such things as music and reading more than murder

• Maybe it's because I live under a rock but I've never felt like Valentine's Day was pushed in my face at any point in my life. At least no more than any other holiday.

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Valentine's Day is good for one thing: it's the best time of year to stock up on cinnamon hearts. My family uses them once or twice a year to make cinnamon apples. (IIRC, the recipe calls for cinnamon sticks, but we use the candies.)

• >I mean, if a couple is not grand on gestures, then they're still expected to do something on valentine's day.

Ahhh god pretty much this. Because like my ideal date would be staying in and making blanket/pillow forts to cuddle in and order lots of pizza and play video games together the whole time in jammies.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

My ideal date would be bickering over which cut of Blade runner to watch before deciding to put in The Lord of the Rings and just barely pay attention because we're fooling around the entire time.

Or something. I dunno. I'm bad at romance.

• edited 2012-02-13 23:03:31
    You can change. You can.

Maybe it's because I live under a rock but I've never felt like Valentine's Day was pushed in my face at any point in my life. At least no more than any other holiday.

Just gonna say, dude, that when people who do not celebrate a holiday because it doesn't belong on their culture are aware of it, there might be a bit of pushing things on people's faces.

• Valentine's day.

I am indifferent.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Upon reflection, I wish Columbus Day got as much ire.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-02-14 00:49:14

Columbus was a tremendous backstabbing douche.  I mean, shit.  Dude really doesn't deserve a day.

But really, I remember when the kids in my class would just indiscriminately hand out valentines to everyone.  You don't have to be involved with anyone, just get out there and be friendly.  If two saints with the same name can be so stubborn about being nice that they got their heads cut off by Roman dictators, you can walk out and say hi to a few people.

• I was probably a lot more bothered about this when I was a teenager. It's more irksome to see people get Valentine's cards when you think they must be having some wild youthful romance than when you know that it's just from the guy/woman they've been married to for years and that they aren't doing anything more exciting in life than you are.

I really try to avoid all the Forever Alone stuff. Having a partner does not magically solve all your problems.  

• Conceptual ideal date: riot police training day> homemade dinner> metal concert/terrible movie with rifftrax> going out to any bar that stocks something with caffeïne in it>get herring at the market in the early morning, or else shoarma with lots of garlic at the 24/7 immigrant shops.

Not sure if I myself would have the gusto to pull off such a gauntlet, but if any dudette could do that, she's a keeper.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Conceptual ideal date:

> ren fair
    > we enter the melee on the same team
    > watch eachother's backs, come out laughing
    > whatever the hell for dinner, no-one really gives a shit what they eat after that much exertion
    > mead, wine and vodka over a fun movie
    > do shit all next day, fuck it
    > except maybe that 

• edited 2012-02-14 10:07:07
    No rainbow star
    My idea of a date is staying home and playing games with my girlfriend

Madass: That reminds me, there's a ren fair at my girlfriends home town every year, with booths you can buy stuff at. You can get swords and plate armour and chainmail and so on

My idea of a date is basically us spending time with each other. I don't really care how, unless her idea of a good time is being suicide bombers or something

• Juan, I thought you loved me, but you're saying you won't go suicide bombing with me?

*cries*

• I dunno, that date idea sounds like a blast.

Riot police training, a metal concert and a night on the town are three things that should not fit into a day. 

Sorry, poni, it's just...I'm more of a shooting in malls kind of guy, you know.

• No rainbow star
    ^^ Well obviously. One of those activities is done at night, after all 8D
  • Not a fan of Valentine's Day but I like the candy.

>Metal concerts

>Not at night.

• No rainbow star
    I've only been to one concert that I had free tickets to and it turned out to be Christian rock and I left because it hurt my ears alright? >.>

> implying Christian rock sucks
    > and then, Black Sabbath 

• No rainbow star
    No, I mean it literally hurt my ears. It was too loud
  • They're somethin' else.

The only thing I look forward to in Valentines Day is I-Mockery's valentine specials.

• edited 2012-02-14 12:12:01
    Diet NEET

Riot police stuff goes on from 8 to 5, 2 hours training home, you make a dinner that doesn't take long to cook/was already prepped beforehand, the concert start at 11 or so since you skip the support band, afterwards you crash a bar(doors close at 2) or the frat(which stays open till the early hours), market opens around half past 6. So perfectly manageable.

No, what I mean to say is, fuck that.

> 9 hours of training
    > 2 hours of travel
    > 1 to 1.5 hours of mosh
    > drink the rest of the night away
    > still up at 6.30

I just don't do that shit anymore, for better or worse.  

• Meh, it's not that bad if you do it only once in a while, and it's not as if you can't call it a day halfway through.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

At the moment, I have but one thing to say about Valentine's Day. If you're working at a florist, it's really, really busy.

• edited 2012-02-14 15:45:04
    a little muffled

Why does everyone care so much about Valentine's Day, my halfbirthday is clearly the more important Feb 14 holiday.