If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Which is the most miserable fanbase, IJBM?

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^^ Is that basically the Japanese laughing at us for people like them?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

More or less. 

• Yep. The punchline:

"Episode of The Netstar on NHK featuring LeetStreet Boys and "Yuri The Only One" on Japanese national TV. Also note that we have officially rickrolled Japan! XD" 

That last part is kind of glorious. 

• I don't get it, sadly.

• Wow, that was some pretty terrible music.

• ^^Top comment:

"They were making fun of you, you know that right?"

• >Autotuned upbeat weeaboo shite with punkpop guitars

I can dig this.

• edited 2012-02-12 16:49:16
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Every fandom ever.

Also, I think it's interesting that people being assholes on the internet is the framework we're using and not assaulting someone for wearing a different sports team's jersey.

• In that case, the real answer is nationalism.

• edited 2012-02-12 17:37:00
    Loser

The last thread on this topic (well, at least it developed into a discussion about this) might offer some insights.

• "Also, I think it's interesting that people being assholes on the internet is the framework we're using and not assaulting someone for wearing a different sports team's jersey."

One invokes point-and-laugh entertainment, the other invokes disgust. I think we know which one people would rather talk about.

• You can change. You can.

>Ranking "fandoms"

• «One invokes point-and-laugh entertainment, the other invokes disgust. I think we know which one people would rather talk about.»

This also explains a lot of the stuff that goes on in SA.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^^^I get that, I guess. It's much like the same part of me that's annoyed by people who get annoyed by continuity issues in comics when blatant are terrible misogyny is going in them at times.

If only people realized that all this spiteful fandom warring gets us nothing and we could use that energy to build a better world except the X-men fans would fuck it all up.

A dream worth having is a dream worthh fighting for!

• "If only people realized that all this spiteful fandom warring gets us nothing and we could use that energy to build a better world except the X-men fans would fuck it all up."

But then where would this site get its traffic?

• >Implying comics fans know how to do worldbuilding

• Sonic the Hedgehog fans are a bunch of whiny cry babies.

Anime fans are a bunch of delusional morons. 

Lolicon fans are a bunch of paedofiles in denial.

Transformers fans need to realise that the object of their devotion are children's toys so what they (the fans) want is pretty damn irrelevant.

Association Football fans need to stop killing each other over stripey t-shirts.

Tim Burton fans need to STFU about a shitty director who hasn't directed anything good since the 80s

MLP fans need to stop forcing their shitty cartoon on everyone.

Final Fantasy fans need to stop pretending those games are good.

>Implying that Ed Wood's not the only good Tim Burton film

>Implying Batman's a good film. 

>Implying Batman's even a good Batman story. 

>Implying Batman does not kill the Joker in that movie

• edited 2012-02-16 13:20:46

Transformers fans need to realise that the object of their devotion are children's toys so what they (the fans) want is pretty damn irrelevant.

I wouldn't say completely irrelevant. They buy loads off the stuff, and make a noticeable chunk of the market. Not the most important chunk, but they know already, and that if they were, Transformers would end up like Masters of the Universe. As in, not as profitable.

• TheConductor was making points on how those fanbases can be easily trolled by poignant statements such as those he just stated.

• >feels people force MLP onto him

>dismisses all of Final Fantasy, all of animu

>implying Hasbro doesn't listen to periphery demographics

3/8, slightly irked.

Final Fantasy has gotten kind of stale.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Incidentally, since FF was brought up.

I've played several of the 2D games (1, 4, 5 and 6) and with the exception of 4, didn't make it more than two hours in before dropping them out of boredom. 4 fared better, as I made it about a third of the way through. Is there one that people would recommend for giving FF another chance, or should I just give up on the series?

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

>Implying that Ed Wood's not the only good Tim Burton film

I agree, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Mars Attacks!, and Big Fish are all terrible movies. 

(Side note: I find it a little odd that he's remaking his own short film Frankenweenie.)

^^ Six. 

If only for the music. While there's some debate over which FF has the bestest of the best music, pretty much everyone agrees that six has god-tier compositions. 

Also, fun characters and less obvious emotional manipulation of the player. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I listed six as one of the ones I couldn't get into. Does it get better after the start, and if so, when?