If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Say a demon comes up to you and offers you anything you can hope for in exchange for your soul

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

> implying that we can't kick reason to the curb and take off with momentum

• edited 2012-02-06 00:22:09
    No rainbow star
    ^^ YES
  • ^^ Works for me.

• You can change. You can.

FAIR ENOUGH.

• No rainbow star
    And I just realized something:

>Promise soul to God
    >Get nothing in mortal life
    >No guarantee he doesn't do something like use your soul as lube

>Promise soul to Satan
    >Get something in mortal life
    >Without more info on the afterlife, you know just as much for sure as you do about Heaven
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

Uh oh, Ica. Must I slayeth a heretic this hour? 

• edited 2012-02-06 00:29:20
    No rainbow star
    I'm just saying

How do we know that YHWH/God/Allah didn't do some sort of smear campaign?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

The concept of religion, particularly Christianity, requires faith on the part of its' believers.

• edited 2012-02-06 00:35:49
    No rainbow star
    That reminds me. I remember hearing somewhere that the Leviathan, Ziz, and Behemoth were worshipped as gods once and the religion that worshipped Yahweh (Judaism) was the one that one out

Not sure how to confirm that though
  • Maybe it's better to worship Satan, since he's unpopular enough that to do so requires more faith.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Maybe it's better to worship Satan, since he's unpopular enough that to do so requires more faith.

That does not require faith. At least, no more so than believing in God.

• I assume that it's generally more difficult to believe in something that very few people believe in.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

But don't the people who believe in the Christian god believe in Satan?

• edited 2012-02-06 00:48:13
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

It requires no more faith to believe in one thing in which there is no evidence to prove its' existence than to believe in another thing in which there is no evidence to prove its' existence.

Sheer weight of numbers has nothing to do with that.

Anyway, the element of faith is only one part of religion.

^ I was going to mention that, but it's kind of irrelevant.

^ I was going to mention that, but it's kind of irrelevant.

Yeah, but worth mentioning anyway, to point out that even if numbers were relevant, it wouldn't matter here.

In fact, it may even hurt his position, because it's a lot easier to accept the idea of a malevolent Satan than it is to accept the idea of a benevolent of God.

• I was talking more about worshiping Satan as something like the belief that worshiping Satan is good, as opposed to God. And people do count different things as evidence.

The concept of a benevolent Satan is not unique, but it is rare.

However, see my point about weight of numbers not really being an issue.

A nitpick worth mentioning: the Satan in the bible works for God. The entity people usually mean when they say "Satan" isn't in the bible at all.

• They're somethin' else.

Act interested. Tease with "uhh, i dunnooo~". Haggle. drop the interest and say no thanks. Watch him squirm.

The Devil sounds corny, and The Serpent just sounds stupid. Everybody here understands what is meant by Satan.

• edited 2012-02-06 01:00:01
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Everybody here understands what is meant by Satan.

Yes, but it's wrong >:|

• No rainbow star

Wait, then who's Satan?

An angel who hangs out in heaven. He's kinda a pessimist about human nature.
  • Why not use Lucifer?

I know a guy called Lucifer. It would feel weird.

• Is he a man of wealth and taste?

• That's a pretty beast name.

• I'd wish for something with some kind of loophole in it.

• No rainbow star

So what's Satan's job?