If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Say a demon comes up to you and offers you anything you can hope for in exchange for your soul

13»

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I know a guy called Lucifer. It would feel weird.

Do you call him "Loo" for short? 

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^Basically, he's God's prosecutor.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Do you call him "Loo" for short? 

I call him Lucy. It makes him squirm.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Alex approves +5.

• No rainbow star

^^^ ...So wait, he's the one that judges souls?

And he's cynical?

Ah crap

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    He doesn't judge. He presents the case against you.
  • No rainbow star

...It's 1 in the morning. I'm not thinking at my best right now

• You can change. You can.

Is he a man of wealth and taste?

I'm forced to ask: "Has he been around for a long long year?"

• No rainbow star
    I thought Lucifer was just a regular fallen angel and not the same thing as the Devil?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^Nope. The name specifically refers to the leader of the angel rebellion.

• No rainbow star
    ...So from light bringer to the devil? Ouch...
  • Thread hop: I'd check his credentials, then request my soul. And a chocolate chip cookie.

• The Bible is actually very vague about the Devil, which isn't exactly surprising when you bear in mind that it's a collection of books containing stories covering a period of several thousand years, compiled over several centuries by a whole bunch of different people of the same religion.

The religion evolved over time and the concepts evolved with it, so you end up with the Serpent, the Devil, Satan and Lucifer, who are all different characters playing different roles. And then at the end of all this the Christian Church came along, edited everything together according to its own narrative, and shoehorned all of them into one Big Bad for that purpose. It's no wonder everyone's confused. 

• Just assume that he gives the definition of a soul as your spiritual, eternal essence that defines who you are,

If that's all it is, I wouldn't feel like I'm losing anything particularly important if I were to give it away, so I guess I could just ask for whatever.  But I'd probably ask for something nice and humanitarian because why not?  Probably for post-scarcity or something.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

"I want TWO souls!"

"Now, where were those other demons asking for my soul..."

• edited 2012-02-06 22:59:46

Was kind of expecting a "MAKE A CONTRACT WITH ME" joke. Not sure if I should be proud or disappointed.