If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This week in ink!

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Ok yeah, that I can accept. The villains need to pose a credible threat or otherwise it's boring.

• You can change. You can.

Man I don't think there's anything more frustrating than talking about comics with people who don't read comics.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    What was bad? The comics are dumb/for kids/morally bankrupt folks, anti serialization wonks or just horrible misconceptions about existing comics?

Worse than comics fans who know shit but have badwrong opinions like liking the New 52?

man, all three on the first line.

I guess so? At least, you can convince people like that to check this or that book out, but with these people, it's like "Yes, I'm aware that comics are problematic. Yes, I'm also aware that Superman won't have a definite ending. Naw, man, I don't care, this story is well done. And yes, such a thing is compatible with the pre-existing conditions" and none of that would get through because they're so attached to their previous conceptions.

On the other hand, Black Beetle by Francesco Francavilla is fucking great in all its pulpy noir goodness

Hrm, I should check that out. Is it a ongoing or just a limited run?

Also Brian Wood's Channel Zero is surprisingly good for a first comic. And basically being what tumblr SJ folks wish they were. 

No idea. I'm thinking ongoing, though.

• So, New Avengers 3: Cap's plan inevitably failed, and now he's off the team. The problem I have with this is that, as far as I remember, there's little to nothing in the Marvel Universe than can do anything that the Infinity Gauntlet can't... but I guess the writer had to get it out of the way somehow. Also, Time Gem.

NA3 was a really dark ride. 

Well, the thing about the Gauntlet is that it only affects the universe it is on. It is a lot less omnipotent when dealing with objects from other dimensions, if memory serves. 

And yeah, the time gem disappearing is very curious indeed. 

I heard a very interesting theory that poses that, as the Gauntlet makes its wearer omnipotent, Steve probably already knew what would happen in the future if the Illuminati kept the Gauntlet and thus he got rid of the gems. Hickman denied it, but he's been known to lie and evade questions before.

And if the Free Comic Day solicitations are anything to go by, sometime in May Thanos will be back and doing something with the Infinity Gauntlet

So the newest Batman is out and yes

yes

yesssssssssssssssss

also

ha

• Alex, I have a graphic novel on my shelf titled "Siegfried", by someone named Alex Alice.

What's up with that?

It's a comic adaptation of the Siegfried saga and half storyboards for a cartoon movie. Nice art and an interesting take on the visuals. Kinda a short book and no idea when the next part will come out. So really a typical artsy Arachaia book.
  • No, I mean-- It's Siegfried. By someone named Alex.

that implies alex would even read one of them peasant western comic books

• a little muffled

Don't have to read 'em to write 'em.

In theory?

Man, that reminds me of when Wonder Woman was handed to a writer who had never read a comic book in her life.

who

was it like

whooooooo

Jodi Picoult, who beforehand had written what I think are romance novels.

It only ended up being five issues, I think.

whyyyyyyy

i just don't get it man

i'm trying to but i can't

maybe my brain is not ready for this

• If this is the same era I am thinking of, she was a BIG NAME feminist who made a big fuss about Wonder Woman losing all her powers. So DC asked her to write the book.

This was far too recent for that since Wonder Woman lost her powers back in the seventies and Picoult's... thing was fairly recent.

I'm not up on all the details though since I'm honestly not a big WW fan.

• They're somethin' else.

don't usually read comics, and I should remedy that, but:

What are Nick Fury's usual thoughts on killing cannon fodder n stuff?

In that Capcom produced arcade beat em up of The Punisher, Nick Fury often nags The Punisher in the two player mode in most of the cinematics for piling up the bodies a tad much. i was wondering, is that consistent with his characterization, or was there a period in the comics where Nick Fury wanted to cut back on his body count?

Nick Fury has no problems killing folks, but he generally wants there to be a useful reason he had to kill them. 

Context: The black guy whose name I forgot asks Nick Fury what will he feel once he "puts a bullet in all those men who were only there for a paycheck"

• Like in commander of a military force, Fury is okay with people dying but generally prefers for missions (especially black ops missions) to go as smooth as possible.

As for that game, if you don't mind a bit of fanwank: Frank Castle isn't exactly on SHIELD's payroll so I imagine Fury just doesn't want to get caught out doing something that's very illegal. 

Yeah, Fury is part of a large multinational vaguely defined military operation. Castle's a vigilante who kills to feel good. Kind of a difference.

Also the Punisher game is rad except for the last bits where Iron Man shows up and Stark tech becomes a plot point.

• They're somethin' else.

... I don't ever remember the Capcom arcade game ever even mentioning Tony Stark?

He means the PS2 Punisher game.

Yeah, I missed the Capcom part. Fury shows up in the PS2 one as well. Apologies.

But yeah if you can find the PS2/X-box version I recommend renting/paying like ten bucks for it.