If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I wish all people who left on their cell phones during performances/movies/etc. got this treatment

13»

Comments

• a little muffled

What chaos was that? I decided to make a point of ignoring competitive battling sites until I finished the game, except then I never finished the game. Hence why I hadn't done any BW competitive stuff until now.

• edited 2012-01-28 16:00:49
    No rainbow star
    The dream world abilities, Chandelures insane special attack, things like that were essentially causing the metagame to flip upside down

They couldn't even decide where to begin testing the new metagame at first (hell, I remember one thread was calling for banning Sandstorm)
  • Has friends besides tanks now

I suck. I'll need some time to figure out better strategies before I try this again (for some reason I thought maxing Blissey's Special Attack, instead of Defense, would be a good idea).

• a little muffled

Aw, don't feel bad, Everest. I was making all kinds of stupid mistakes yesterday. You just need to get used to it a bit.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Why max defense? Blissey can't take a physical hit... Pretty much at all =/
  • edited 2012-01-28 16:11:58
    Has friends besides tanks now

^ It's standard procedure, as far as I care to check.

It's bulky enough that it can handle Physical attacks that aren't coming from fighting types like Conkeldurr, Infernape, or Terrakion.

• edited 2012-01-28 16:13:20
    a little muffled

Basically because her HP stat is so ridiculous that putting HP EVs doesn't really accomplish much in terms of taking special hits, so maxing Defense and even using a Defense-boosting nature so she can take one physical hit is more or less the best thing you can do with the extra 256 EVs.

Honestly putting some in SpAtk isn't even that bad if you're using Toxic/Flamethrower or BoltBeam instead of Seismic Toss as the main damaging move.

• Has friends besides tanks now

^ That's what I was going for, especially seeing as I'm running Sunny Day, but I'm not sure if Blissey is worth leaving in after it comes in to set something up.

Then again, I took 27% of Infernape's HP off with a Flamethrower. Then again, it's Infernape.

• a little muffled

I made a thread for Pokémon battling since we seem to be having some actual discussion in this very-not-Pokémon-related thread.

• edited 2012-01-28 16:22:02
    Has friends besides tanks now

Up for a rematch, Nyktos? I'm not really sure if I fixed anything, and I'm probably still terrible at predictions, but who knows?

• a little muffled

Sure.

I should make another team sometime, but I enjoy this one for some reason.