If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I wish all people who left on their cell phones during performances/movies/etc. got this treatment

edited 2012-01-25 21:33:07 in IJAM
No rainbow star

Comments

• Glaives are better.

Reminds me of Osmo Vanska. During one of his performances - my mom was singing for him at the time - he got interrupted by some extremely loud, unstifled coughing. He turned around and began coughing REALLY loudly, then waved a handkerchief.

Baller.

• Oh wow, that is wonderful. I'm not sure how that would work in a movie theater, but that was great.

I am going to send this to Frances, who plays the viola, so she appreciates stuff related to string instruments.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

IJBM: the title of that video, which implies he's playing the violin

• Wait...is that in fact a viola? Oh god, I think I just got that wrong in the email I sent. Well hopefully someone who plays the viola can tell the difference...

Viola can play lower notes.

• Technically it just says he's a violinist, which could still be true.

(I know, I know, you said "implies". But I feel like saying pointless things)

And that's precisely why I said "implies".

• edited 2012-01-25 22:54:26
    No rainbow star

Your avatar makes me wonder what your thoughts on the word 'implies' are, glenn

EDIT: And my avatar is the equivalent of not taking down the Christmas lights

• I put up Christmas lights in April and I haven't taken them down since.

Only in my bedroom, of course, but still.

• But you never had any to begin with.

There's a tree in my town that always has Christmas lights in, but that's because it doesn't grow leaves.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

oh my god really

couldn't you have just fucking kept playing

• You can change. You can.

i think he had finished the song by the time the ringtone plays. 

also, um, what is wrong with that...?

• No rainbow star
    ^^ No, because the cellphone threw him off COMPLETELY! Now he is forever doomed to play that song as it haunts him, pushing out all other thoughts, until he goes mad and starts to kill people because the ringtone told him to

The numbers of dead will be astronomical. He will eventually be stopped by a stray bullet, but the damage will be done. Life will never be the same
  • And there we have a classic example of an Icalasari response!

Anyway, yeah, I was a bit confused too. Didn't it seem like he stopped naturally a second before the phone rang? (Can't rewatch to check now, I'm in class...) That's actually the better outcome if that was what happened, because it gave him a chance to determine how to imitate it without getting distracted as much and yes, without really interrupting something.

• edited 2012-01-26 10:41:49
    Has friends besides tanks now

"couldn't you have just fucking kept playing"

Nah. Cellphone dude got what was coming to him. Which is to say, lighthearted teasing for what was probably  a silly mistake.

• No rainbow star
    ^^ Huh. I now have a style of responding that is considered a classic Icalasari response?
  • Has friends besides tanks now

If I may be so blunt, you're rather predictable at this point. :P

It's not like any of you are impredictable. Or me, even.

True enough. Just more so with Ica. I think it comes with being one of the sillier people around the place. Not that that's a bad thing, of course.
  • No rainbow star
    D: I'm predictable?

See, I knew you would post something like that in response. :P

• No rainbow star
    :<
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

And that one was also a given :P

^ To the point where I would expect at least one other person to respond that it was also a given.

instrumentality's beginning~

Totally relevant pokemon video:

• No rainbow star
    ...It can't be good that I'm predictable

It's natural. Everyone has some idiosyncratic attitudes. Like the way I always use reaction images or condense a post interpersed with blah blah blahs in order to not go in depth into the points i'm making in order to cheapen discussion and the points everyone else is making and blah blah blah you know how this goes, really

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

>Person with cell phone doesn't get horribly abused.

Disappointment. =(

> instrumentality is beginning

And that's why no one is singing.