If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Fans Who Force The Subject of Their Fandom Down People's Throats

edited 2011-12-07 17:44:20 in General
Now, I'm not talking about a specific fandom here. But Jesus Christ do you really need to bring up your favourite show in every single forum thread, every single youtube video, every Facebook page, every everything? Because really, it's kind of annoying.

Look feel free to enjoy your show, I'm not gonna join your forums and give you grief or anything. I believe in live and let live, but don't get all offended when you derail yet ANOTHER thread and I tell you just how creepy it looks to be obsessed with your little...thing. 

Comments

• edited 2011-12-07 17:50:13
    No rainbow star
    Cue derailment by fans

But yeah, that can be annoying
  • Oh hey, this isn't a stale topic.

As much as some fans would like to insist, people who like the show aren't a hivemind. You can't blame any one of us for something someone else elsewhere does.

And really, this sort of attitude displayed here is pretty much why it's more fun to do what you describe. You've been trolled, bro.
  • edited 2011-12-07 17:58:13

>That's made for little girls btw

>implying that the target demographic of a show matters at all

lolololololol

• The staleness, it hurts. Cue the me toos in 3..2..1..
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Beat you by several posts :D
  • My post was meant to be congruent with yours. XD
  • No rainbow star
    Ah

Well then...
  • Gelzo: I like how, you're allowed to bring up ponies at any opportunity and that's apparently fine, but as soon as anyone says something negative it's 'stale'.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Oh boy, this is going in a fun direction.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Yeah, Strawberry Shortcake fans are really annoying.
  • -insert image macro here-
  • No rainbow star
    ^

?
  • edited 2011-12-07 18:18:39
    Pony Sleuth
    It is stale. There aren't very many interesting ways to say "I don't care for strawberries."

And according to your OP, I'm not really allowed to bring them up at any opportunity.
  • You can change. You can.
    Meh, they keep it to their own thread by now. The only problem I might have is when they post pony macros, but I have my own image macros for posting as well, so it'd be hypocritical of me.

Also, I ramble on about my obssessions as much as they do about theirs, so...also hypocritical.
  • edited 2011-12-07 18:35:33
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    And if people just mentioning postrawberries is enough to make you angry or irritated or creeped the fuck out or whatever, you're doing it wrong.

Constant derails I can see, but that really doesn't happen all that much here anymore.
  • You can change. You can.
    yeah, that was the days of the stupid loli vs pony wars

fuck, those were annoying days
  • Meh, part of the problem is that MLP is a goldmine for reaction faces and vids, probably more so than many other shows. It only becomes a problem the moment a reference turns into a derail, but the same goes for every meme reference that occurs in such a manner.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
     But Jesus Christ do you really need to bring up your favourite show

WISR
  • edited 2011-12-07 18:39:36
    Kichigai birthday!!
    I tried to make Chargeman Ken a thing but never succeeded.

That show has some macro potential,but I'm too lazy to watch all 65 episodes just to take screencaps
  • It's tired and stale because there was not one person who did not guess what the true subject of this thread was. Like Juan and Forzare mentioned, the show in question mostly keeps to its own thread now, so there's no reason for complaining about instances about it here.

Why can't you complain about other shows? Considering the title of this thread, I want to complain about Whitney, but that would be too obscure to talk about, wouldn't it?
  • edited 2011-12-07 18:53:20
    Has friends besides tanks now
    At the very least, this hasn't been a problem around here for a while. I agree that it's annoying if spammed by the creepier, more obsessive bronies on Facebook or something (not that I've ever seen this happen, since I don't know any bronies in real life), but I don't agree with condescending towards fans because of its target demographic, and generalizing fandoms bugs me a bit (which is why you won't ever see me discussing which is superior between Touhou/TF2/MLP/whatever fandoms).
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Touhou and TF2 is the battle of the century

All male cast (kind of) VS All female cast (kind of)
    Regular weapons VS Danmaku
    Insane war men VS Snarky bitches
    Gaben VS ZUN
  • It could be worse. We could, for example:
    >Create OC pony avatars for ourselves.
    >Substitute the words hand and foot with hoof, substitute the word hair for mane. Do the same with fan lingo, such as plot and clop.
    >Link pony crossovers whenever popular media come up.
    >Link pony songs reworked in a certain genre whenever the discussion turns to music.
    >Turn every problem thread into a moral lesson on the magic of friendship.
  • edited 2011-12-07 18:54:05
    Pony Sleuth
    Gaben could eat ZUN. Winner is clear.

^Goddammit. Someone stop me from adopting that as a to-do list, because that sounds hilarious.
  • edited 2011-12-07 18:53:13
    You can change. You can.
    I always thought the idea of superior fandoms was the most buttfuckingly retarded thing ever. And it reeks of this whole "Nerds banding together vs an unnamed them" syndrome that every geek in the internet seems to suffer oh so hard.

^ZUN could drink Gaben's fat till he becomes a straw and use him forever to drink beer, though.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    ^^ ZUN does not have the number of calories required for Gaben to eat him. It would be like eating a salad. Plus,a ZUN normally contains the equivalent of 36 olympic pools in alcohol,which could cause irreparable damages in Gaben's liver
  • No rainbow star
    DO EET GELZO!

...Ahem, I mean, no, using that as a to do list is a horrible idea and you should be ashamed for even thinking of it >.>
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Go to Ponychan,Gelzo. That's practically all they do
  • You left out that clopping=masturbation.