If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Homestuck

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    The sylladex becomes less and less important over time.
  • You can change. You can.
    Well, yeah, but not quickly enough.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Even without the sylladex it's irritating to read. Especially since most of the dialogue is through IM and everyone had their own typing gimmick and font and arrrrghhh...
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Eh, the sylladex doesn't really bother me that much.  It gets kinda tiresome sometimes, but it's nothing that makes me want to stop reading.

And I do like the format.
  • Once the game terms have been established, it becomes sort of a background to the whole thing.

I know people hate the "it gets better" claim, but it's very true for Homestuck.

I also don't get why people complain about things not being "as funny as they think". Humor doesn't have an objective existence, and I don't think the comic points towards all its jokes and says gee look how funny I am. If you didn't think it's funny, it's just not to your taste.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

THE WRINKLEFUCKER

LIL' CAL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I remember when you had him as your avatar.
  • Don't worry. You'll see him again.
    Aaaand, finished Act 3.
  • No rainbow star
    I tried to read MSPaint Adventures

It bored me too much

But I'll give it another chance if somebody can give an approxikate point at where it picks up so I know that I can stop reading if it doesn't improve shortly after
  • I think that is a silly way to approach it. By the time you get to the best parts in the story, you'll be too invested in it to give up.

You're basically asking if you should keep reading it even if the first part seems slow. The answer is yes.
  • No rainbow star
    I just wanted to know where it picks up so I don't get, "Oh, well wait until you get to THIS part!"
  • It picks up over time until about... Well, just recently, really. One of the most recent flashes was a ~13 minute long action sequence. Can't pick up much more than that.

Sorry to say that you're going to get that as an honest response, though I hear some people day it becomes better at Act 2 and others at Act 4. No way I'm giving guarantees, since you know what you like better than I can.
  • edited 2011-12-10 23:49:05
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Personally, Act one was kinda slow, but I still really enjoyed it.

The ending flash of act 2 was what really hooked me, though.
  • You can change. You can.
    Act one was slow and I had to read it twice to get through it, as I just didn't enjoy it to try the first time. 

Act 2 I'm still in the middle of. I think I'll tackle it one day, when my interest on it resparks. 
    so many trolls ahhhhhhh
  • No rainbow star
    ^^^ So I'll give it until a little bit into act 3
  • ^^More or less everyone's reaction. That act drew in a lot of readers, btw.
    I think it lost a few too.

Though I personally like that act best so far.
  • I hated Part 1.
    I'm not sure how I feel about the trolls yet.
  • Act 6 is the most amazing thing so far. It's the good parts of Act 1 combined with the the good elements of Act 5.2 and I've fallen in love all over again. I started getting a little displeased with Homestuck as soon as I caught up ( Return to the Core), and that was after taking taking nearly 2 weeks to read hivebent because it was so boring, but Act 6 is making everything worth it. I've laughed out loud more in the past month than I have in the past almost-year.
    Is Hivebent the part where I am now, where all the trolls are being introduced and stuff, or is it later?
    Yeah, that's Hivebent.
    How long is it?  I'm here.

I'm not super annoyed with it yet, but I do kind of really want to get back and see what's going on with the human characters.
  • edited 2011-12-11 16:12:47
    Pony Sleuth
    It's hard for me to say I have a favorite part of Homestuck, because I find just about every aspect of it charming.

The flashes are great, but that's not saying much.

^It's going to be a while, but if your experience is like mine, you'll end up being more interested in the trolls for a time.
  • edited 2011-12-11 16:21:36
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    You've got 400 pages or so left in Hivebent.
  • edited 2011-12-11 17:31:20
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    >white text
    http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/6/6e/User_Alsoodani_RegShakeFist.gif">