If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

...Has anyone ever thought of BUYING TVTropes?

123457»

Comments

• I'm another one of those long time TVTropes editors who never saw any conversations about TVTropes being a tool for serious literary analysis until Something Awful started complaining about how bad it was for serious literary analysis.

All I've been aware of since as far back as 2008 was that it was a catalog, primarily meant for entertainment.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > All I've been aware of since as far back as 2008 was that it was a catalog, primarily meant for entertainment.

This.

I haven't paid much attention to how much people talked about serious literary analysis, but Elbeem likely has a point there.
  • edited 2011-11-02 09:30:34
    You can change. You can.
    It is a catalog. I don't think anyone else treats it differently except the staff itself (With moderators such as Madrugada calling it a "writer's tool" and assorted otherss referring to it as an media analysis site.)

Were it any different, then I wouldn't be so quick to point out why it doesn't work beyond what it is. 

with that said, I don't think it relly works that well as a catalog, but that might be just my personal preference (Museum metaphor goes here)