If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am too much of an Otaku...

edited 2011-10-19 07:54:19 in Wonderful posts
[tɕagɛn]
....because I want to start work on a Japanese descendent conlang. ....What? Were you expecting "because I bought a dakimakura" or something?

Comments

• edited 2011-10-19 08:06:44
    Belief
    I don't know what either of those are, so either way, your first line and your second line don't make a difference to me ^_^
  • First line: Chuggles wants to make up a language based on Japanese.

Second line: Chuggles did not purchase a body pillow with an animu character on the pillowcase.

• Actually, DYRE, by descendent, I mean, "What I think IRL Japanese will sound like in some point in the future". What sound changes happen, what grammatical changes happen. All that stuff.
  • Ah.

Well, that's easy.  It'll just be English. :p

• @Second: What the hell? Do I even want to know?
  • I was nearly thinking of having this lang inspired by English.

But, for an odd example of someone else's English descendent, Mekoshan:

ügaagevmiyi
    (You should have given it to me)

According to TaylorS of CBB, this is an example of what American English will be in 2000 Years.

Another example for the hell of it:

Šivkokhi de madra da jena ęne kyešn fadri kyedz.
    ("The mother cooked supper in the kitchen for the children")

Yeah....this guy thinks English is gonne change A LOT.
  • The obvious answer is to kill yourself go for it dude and don't care what other people say!
  • Don't you need to be really experienced in one language to make another language it is a descendant of?
  • "According to TaylorS of CBB, this is an example of what American English will be in 2000 Years."

Now if it was something like lol lmao roflcopter, I might be slightly more inclined to believe.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Well, cavepeople spoke bad pidgin English back in 65,000,000 B.C. anyway.

I think they learned it from the reptites; the reptites had a much better grasp of grammar and fluency.
  • edited 2011-10-19 10:04:36
    [tɕagɛn]
    Abyss: I can't see that video (at school), but I'll tell you that Mekoshan is a very plausible and realistic descendant of English. And much of CBB will agree with me (It's one of my personal favorite conlangs)

2000 Years is a very long time. Languages change a lot in 2000 Years.

(Also, I worded that badly, Mekoshan is more his personal idea of what he thinks English will become)
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Isn't nearly ANYTHING a good guess at English 2000 years from now?
  • You can change. You can.
    Now if it was something like lol lmao roflcopter, I might be slightly more inclined to believe.

Yes, because cultural memes that are only relevant to a certain way of comunication would manage to stay forever relevant in a 2000 year span and be in the mind of everyone to not be just slang.
  • "Languages change a lot in 2000 Years."

This was Beowulf about a millenium ago.

Hwæt! wē Gār-Dena in ġeār-dagum,
    þēod-cyninga, þrym ġefrūnon,
    hū ðā æþelingas ellen fremedon.
    Oft Scyld Scēfing sceaþena þrēatum,
    monegum mǣġþum, meodosetla oftēah,
    egsode eorlas. Syððan ǣrest wearð
    fēasceaft funden, hē þæs frōfre ġebād, 
    wēox under wolcnum, weorðmyndum þāh, 
    oðþæt him ǣġhwylc þāra ymbsittendra oth
    ofer hronrāde hȳran scolde
    gomban gyldan. Þæt wæs gōd cyning!

This is Beowulf now:

Lo! We have heard of majesty of the Spear-Danes, of those nation-kings in the days of yore, and how those noblemen promoted zeal. Scyld Scefing took away mead-benches from bands of enemies, from many tribes; he terrified earls. Since he was first found destitute (he gained consolation for that) he grew under the heavens, prospered in honours, until each of those who lived around him over the sea had to obey him, give him tribute. That was a good king!

Would have been better if I could have put in Shakespeare as well, but oh well.

"Mekoshan is a very plausible and realistic descendant of English."

[citation needed]

• I think you might want to read up on Polysynthetic languages, Abyss.

All langs are equal, each one does shit differently. You seem to be assuming that English should not change and that it should stay the analytical lang it already is currently.
  • Abyss:

http://aveneca.com/cbb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1163

Look yourself. Other pro conlangers find it to be realistic

(Ignore me acting like a retard halfway through the thread)
  • edited 2011-10-19 10:33:57

But you didn't give a single argument to justify the shift. I can't argue against nothing.

^Could you please post samples of the arguments justifying Mekoshan here?

• TaylorS provides a explanation a few pages in, abliet one filled with jargon.