If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

edited 2011-09-24 14:20:20 in General
This didn't used to bother me, but it just seems more and more people are showing up on TvT without bothering to get avatars. It's like the place is beginning to get overrun by newbies.

This just bugs me.

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    You goddamn bigot

hating on avatarless people
  • No avatar is the new Homestuck/MLP, you know.

I think there are certain people on the forum who've been there years and don't have an avatar, but it is generally a sign of being new. I mainly got one on the assumption that people would take me more seriously.

I should probably just have concentrated on saying vaguely intelligent stuff to achieve that.

• probably human
    Most of the avatar-less people just kind of blend together for me, with a couple of exceptions.
  • No rainbow star
    My avatar broke somehow
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    You used it too much and exhausted its durability.
  • No rainbow star
    That feels like a Minecraft joke to me
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Avatarless people I can deal with, but anyone else notice we're flooded with people with really bad grammar? Like 11 year olds who haven't realized that random allcaps won't get them to be taken seriously?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I was thinking armor/weapon durability in Eden Eternal actually.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Ah
  • ^^^ That's been annoying me ever since I first had anything to do with the internet. Not sure it's new on TVT.

• edited 2011-09-24 16:58:49
    Well, the avatar-less people sometimes have bad grammar, punctuation and spelling, so this another part that worries me.

Not 30 seconds after I posted this I find an avatar-less person who's new here. Pretty sure he isn't the only one.
  • Well, this one thinks that avatar size here is too small to bother to get any, since it is  only intelligible with some effort anyway
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^Why? It allows for larger file sizes that Tv Tropes, and your old avatar would get re-sized fairly well.
  • $80+ per session
    We still need gifs
  • Gifs are nice too.
    fuck GIFs with a tenfoot sword.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    -opens mouth to speak-

-thinks better of  it-
    Yes, Alex. I know it would be impractical and impossible for me to use a ten foot sword. You don't need to tell me that.
    (You would probably be better served by a pike.)
  • Animated avatars suck and should never be allowed ever.

However, we do need avatars that don't get compressed to hell after uploading.

Yes, Alex, I also understand that there are better choices out there and that my joke is not accurate.

now, can i go and rape GIFs with a tenfoot sword or will I have to do more chores, dad?
    Imagine that I am Anne Beech.

Now imagine that your post was about horned viking helmets.

THIS IS MY ETERNAL STRUGGLE

i suppose you can rape gifs with a teen foot sword. but you'll be ten feet away, son
    You do realize I'd be the kind of guy who would tell to Anne that the best thing about vikings is that they wore horned helmets, rite?

And yes, distance is necessary for the deed.
    You are a monster, Juan. On both accounts. Terrible, horrible!
    Awful!
    What can I say? Other people's pain and facepalming satisfies my hunger and gives me almost sexual pleasure.
  • Juan is getting sexual pleasure in his encounters with Alex.

That's all that needs to be said.
    --rollseyes--

So, I heard you like Burn Notice?

Man, Matthew Fox is amazing on that show.

So sad Bruce Campbell died before appearing on it as he promised...;_;
  • O_o?

Juan, calm down and explain yourself.