If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

How underutilized the role playing section is

edited 2011-09-04 19:48:03 in IJBM meta
No rainbow star
6 entries in it total. Yeah. That's a WHOLE lot >.>

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I've been considering starting up a Swashbucklers of The Seven Skies game but I'm not sure what the response would be.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ I'd say it would be great even though I have no idea what that game is :D
    It's basically Skies of Arcadia: The tabletop.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Argh. I wanted to try to start mine up again, but there are what, two people who didn't leave and still regularly post?
  • No rainbow star
    I'd like to start up a game of Jadeclaw myself but I'm a newbie at it and would have no clue how to run the game
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I'd join in but you all are in silly timezones.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ My timezone isn't silly :<
  • edited 2011-09-04 21:10:26
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    My main problem with RPs is that they end up being game sessions, which are nigh impossible for me to make on time or stay interested in because of how much book bulk is involved and interaction with grids and live feeds.

A simple "post paragraph as character" style RP would suit me well.

...mostly because Sockpuppetry is like crack for me.
  • $80+ per session
    I agree with Vorpy completely.

Just a simple "play by post" game.
  • No rainbow star
    ^^, ^ Then start those. I love that style :3
  • You know, I had wanted to do a murder mystery RP but I have no idea how to get started with something like that.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Make an OoC thread where people sign up, then you PM who you want to be the murderer?
  • @Ica, that's exactly what I said -_-
  • But, like, how do I come up with the actual story? I'm no mystery writer.
  • Umm, We'll help you :)
  • No rainbow star
    Just remember CentralAvenue: The Butler Did It is so dead that you can use it and surprise everyone now :D
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Let's all play Maid RPG.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ How do you play? :D?
    We are all animu maids, and we must keep the master's manor running smoothly. Maid RPG is a world of ghosts, robots and other fantastic things, however, and we must deal with those obstacles as well as with the internal politics of the manor.
    That is Maid RPG.
  • Tell me more of this... Maid RPG
    Well, I've never played it. So I can't say a whole lot. But it sounds like an interesting idea and it has lots of fun with anime tropes.
  • I kinda wanted to start up a surreal horror RP thing, but that probably wouldn't work seeing as

1. I'm a shit writer
    2. It'd die off really soon due to my weird schedule
    3. I'd either end up making it too narmy, too stupid or just too mundane
    4. Who the hell would be interested in reading a Bob-written surreal horror RP?
  • edited 2011-09-05 15:12:41
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Well, for what it's worth, I'm now once again making use of the section.

Still wish there were a good way to restart the D&D campaign, though.
  • I was planning on running a very slow DnD 4th Edition campaign.
  • So, when you start a text adventure RP thing, should you have everything planned out in advance, or is it cool to just make everything up as you go along?
    Online RPing really seems the only way to play Maid since it's almost invariably mostly dudes.
  • You can change. You can.
    Bobby G did the second one and it spawned my fave TA over at TvT, so I'd say yeah.

Although he doesn't update muchly these days.

Anyway, I've been thinking of starting a Firefly-based RP (Basically, same setting and even same ship, if you want) Dunno if I'd keep it up, so I'd say that anyone who wants to GM that is welcome to do so. I'd prefer to be an advisor.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^^I have a very vague idea of what's going on in Infinite Tree, and some events planned out for the first 12 hours or so of the story.