If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My sexuality (and sexuality in general)

edited 2011-09-01 20:18:05 in Philosophy
[tɕagɛn]
Woo, time to make a serious thread.

Over my ban period, I came to the realization that my sexuality has some serious problems. It was already pretty out there, but not too far out. Then, I sorta "gained" a new "interest" (more like, "realized I had this kink that I had been denying existed") and I was pretty damn scared (no, before you ask, it's not pedophilia or necrophilia or something way, WAY f'ed up like that).

This makes me wonder: sexuality is really goddamn confusing. Sometimes, I wonder why we even have it. Add gender and sex into the mix and the whole thing becomes a massive web of confusing threads. And no one, not even the scientists, are sure what the fuck is going on in our brains.

On one hand, my sexuality makes me unique. As each other persons' sexualities make them unique. 

On the other hand, homo/transphobia, sexism, and a whole host of other things have spawned from the Trifecta of Sexuality--Gender--Sex. So, is it really worth it all in the end?

....I'm not even sure where I'm going with this. I'm just navel-gazing at this point.

Comments