If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Games spoiling themselves

edited 2011-08-22 09:49:29 in General
*playing Dragon Age*

*find a shop that sells gifts*

"Who's this for?"

*examine*

Game:"Restriction:[name of secret party member, who happens to be a minor villain at this point in the game]"

ಠ_ಠ

Seriously, how much effort would it have taken to make that "Restriction:Secret Companion"? Even the wiki does that! You are less spoiler-conscious than your own wiki, stupid game!

Comments

• Legend of Zelda totally spoiled itself.

"What's the game called?"

"Loz: The Twilight Princess!"

"Oh..."
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    I think it spoiled itself more with this official art

• Let's face it, It wasn't going for subtlety in any meaningful way.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    All of which is useless information outside of context.

except that fucking master sword goddammit link
  • edited 2011-08-22 10:00:23
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Aw c'mon, as if the Master Sword counts as a spoiler at this stage. It's a central weapon in almost every home console LoZ release.

LoZ, check. ALttP, check. OoT, check. WW, check. TP, check. I haven't played Zelda 2, so I can't comment, and MM was more like a ridiculously awesome and moving spinoff than anything else.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I am still waiting for my LoZ MMO too.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    What would that entail? I mean, how many heroes do you see in most Zelda games besides Link? TP doesn't count 'cause I say so.

The entire experience would be every male and lesbian player making passes at Malon all day and getting coyly brushed off.
  • edited 2011-08-22 10:02:42
    Belief
    How would a LoZ MMo play out?

~insanely curious~

Ninja'd by Lesbians
    I imagine it being an MMO, not an MMORPG.

If I had to guess, I'd say something along the lines of having a regular inventory like Link, and then going into a multi-user dungeon. Then every player has to go along and solve their puzzles- only their puzzles can also cause things to happen in other dungeons that allows those players to solve their puzzles or prevents them from doing so.
  • edited 2011-08-22 10:07:50
    Kichigai birthday!!
    Four Swords online.Fund it
  • I think I like Cygan's idea better. with modifications of course.
    gimme a break

it's 1AM

you're lucky I'm even still coherent
    So, a puzzle game, then?

I think that's a pretty good idea. I still wanna be coyly brushed off by Malon, though.
    Yeah. Except a multiplayer puzzle game. An online multiplayer game.
  • The problem I think with Cygan's Idea (just pointing it out from my perspective mind you)

Is employing the LoZ mythos into it.
    Have those four Links in there. The colour ones.
    One issue I do see is that the dungeons essentially exist as trials for the Hero of Whatever, so having a handful of no-names do it kinda subverts that. And you can't have Gannondorf, 'cause you need the Hero of Whatever for him to be taken down.
  • Warriors in training?

Hyrule getting a brain and training soldiers closely following the training of link?
    [idea]

What if this is like, the backstory of the Sages? Detailing how they became sages and their trials and tribulations to do so?

Or whatever, something like that?
  • I love how quickly this thread went totally off topic.

And by that I mean I totally don't love how quickly this thread went totally off topic.
  • edited 2011-08-22 10:33:00
    ^^^ and ^^ YES. No reason those have to be mutually-exclusive.
    And by that I mean I totally don't love how quickly this thread went totally off topic.

Buggerrrr.

^^^ and ^^ YES. No reason those have to be mutually-exclusive. 

how would that work?
  • edited 2011-08-22 10:38:23
    Further along the plotline, your character is selected for Sage training and trials after [Exceptional Show of X]. One "class" might be Hyrulian soldier, but you could also have Gerudos and Zoras and stuff. All doing their equivalent of hero training to resist the incoming darkness with varying gameplay and combat mechanics like Majora's Mask.
    And race-exclusive items? Like, the Gorons having the big, heavy weapons and bombs, the Dekus having Deku Nuts, Deku sticks, Deku leaves and the like, the Hyrule soldier having the Longshot and such, and the Zoras having the... underwater items?
    Yeah, exactly!

Although I might split "human" classes into two; Hylian soldier and... something else, whatever. Sheika? The soldier is more combat-oriented, with a long-bladed sword, shield and various support weapons, whereas the Sheika or whatever would be more task-oriented. I'd give the second of those classes items like the hookshot.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Hylian = Cylian?
    I'd say Gerudo, due to them having the Spirit Temple.

Actually, maybe three- Hyrulian, Sheika and Gerudo. Hyrulians are more upfront, and have racial exclusives like Bombchu and the Boomerang. Sheika have access to things like the Lens of Truth and the Hover Boots- allowing them to see the truth and traverse where none can, but having very little in the way of combat items. Gerudo would have things like the Mirror Shield (also possibly access to the Hover Boots?) and the Silver/Golden gauntlets.
    The only thing I'd be cautious of is theming the classes after their point of origin rather than their roles. The LoZ games themselves aren't really careful about what item is associated with what group, so we don't need have Gerudo stuff definitely come from the Spirit Temple, for instance.

We could also bring NPC abilities into it, or interpretations thereof. For instance, one thing I like about Sheik's disappearances is that she's obviously using Deku Nuts; we just see them from the perspective of the victim. When the flash is over, it's less like Sheik sped away and more like 30 seconds have passed in stunned inactivity.
  • a little muffled
    @Vorpy: No, Cylians are elves. But Hylians are essentially humans, yes.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Playing as a Gerudo character should make it so you heard Gerudo Valley song all the time.
    I'd never get tired of hearing that: