If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Games spoiling themselves

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Hey, she was my eight-year-old me's waifu, too! :D
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    She was just so sweet and cute and friendly and pretty and Oh I just wanna give her a hug! =D
    Good singer, too.

Although more interesting in MM, with the whole abduction plot. There's a bit of a special reward if you do well in helping her out there. xD
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    ^ It's hard to come up with an item that they'd recieve a racial bonus for using that isn't more of another race's item

Megaton Hammer.
    Also, I wouldn't use conventional RPG stats, personally. Keep it simple as possible like the core games. After all, if it's primarily about puzzles with some real-time battles, you don't need the abstraction that statistics bring in.
  • $80+ per session
    What would the mounts be?
    Who needs 'em?

This isn't WoW: Zelda Edition, this is a Zelda game that just happens to be an MMO.
  • $80+ per session
    >implying that you can't ride animals to go faster in Zelda games.
    Right, but it's never been a particularly large part of the game until TP. Hardly intrinsic to the setting, and the concept of giving everyone a mount is a little too close to conventional MMORPGism, in my opinion.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Also, I wouldn't use conventional RPG stats, personally. Keep it simple as possible like the core games. After all, if it's primarily about puzzles with some real-time battles, you don't need the abstraction that statistics bring in. 

The basic core mechanics would be X item does X amount of hearts and inflicts X status (mostly Stun) or has X effect.

That's literally it. That's how the Zelda games work. Shields block completely. The Master Sword does twice the damage of the Kokiri Sword. The Biggoron Sword does twice that. Armour does nothing. The one defensive item in the game halves the damage in hearts you take, rounded up.

This isn't WoW: Zelda Edition, this is a Zelda game that just happens to be an MMO. 

Yeah.

If you did have to have mounts, just horses and the birds from Wind Waker.

But you don't need abstract mechanics for a Zelda game.
  • $80+ per session
    Fine, but okay, at least the ability to ride a horse.
    I can get behind that.

Things like horse-riding minigames, including Horseback archery, would be fairly cool.

And we don't need to restrict our idea to purely OoT mechanics. We have many games to pick and choose items, locations etc from.
  • $80+ per session
    The chicken mechanics!
    That chicken...

That's a sidequest.

We MAKE that chicken, bitch. We give that chicken his powers.

That chicken fights Ganondorf and survives, man.

That is one hardcore chicken.

(I like the chicken-flight mechanic. It's like a limited version of the Deku Leaf's flight ability for when they'd need it.)
  • $80+ per session
    Also, masks wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Masks would be an unnecessary thing.

They were there in Majora's Mask to give Link multiple abilities to be able to solve the various puzzles around.

In this game, a multiplayer puzzle game, you'd already have the abilities required around your various party members.
  • $80+ per session
    I didn't say they had to give you abilities.
    ^ Then what's the point of them?

Suggested items:

Boomerang (Zora Only)

Bow (Available to Huyrule, Gerudo, Shiek, Zora)

Bigger Quiver (Exclusive to Gerudo, Hyrule)

Biggest Quiver (Exclusive to Gerudo)

Slingshot (Available to Kokiri, Gerudo)

Bigger Slingshot Pouch (Exclusive to Kokiri)

Bombs (Available at a discounted price to Gerudo, otherwise available to everyone)

Bigger Bomb Bag (Exclusive to Goron)

Biggest Bomb Bag (Exclusive to Goron)

Power Bracelet (Available to everyone, allows people to temporarily destroy silver boulders)

Silver Gauntlets (Available to Gerudo, Goron, allows people to permanently destroy silver boulders, push aside large boulders and pull them elsewhere)

Gold Gauntlets (Available to Gerudo, Goron, allows them to lift and throw boulders (breaks if it hits enemies, deals same amount of damage as a bomb), allows to lift and throw away stone pillars)

Blue Candle (Available to everyone, lasts for two minutes)

Red Candle (More expensive, available to everyone, lasts for five minutes)

Raft (Available to Gerudo, Zora, Hyrule, allows them to cross bodies of water as long as there is a small indent of land to land at)

Stepladder (Available to everyone, bridges rivers)

• $80+ per session
    Masks could just be cosmetic. That's what they were like in OoT, besides a couple exceptions.

I do agree with the suggested items though.

I would enjoy playing as a Kokiri.
    But then... why?

Kokiri have more items coming up soon.
  • $80+ per session
    You have never played a game with purely cosmetic items?

Like I said, OoT had masks that did nothing.
    They were there for a sidequest. One that most people just skip over. Especially because the masks are, frankly, stupid looking.
    Also, there are far more important concerns than masks.
    Indeed there are.
  • $80+ per session
    Why is boomerang zora only?
    Because the other races have other, better weapons (the Hookshot). The Zora also have the Longshot.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    And the Medium shot?
    Does not exist.
  • No rainbow star
    "Megaton Hammer"

...That is a Goron item. It's in their fucking legends

Anyways, who said my idea was hardcore statistics? They would literally be modifiers, with the third stat getting no modifiers

Makes sense that, say, Gorons are naturally strong, for example, and may not need a silver gauntlet to lift boulders, while the kokiri would need the Goron's bracelet for puny rocks because they are stuck as children

So to explain each stat I had in mind:

Agility - Merely speed. I'd expect, say, Shiekah to be fairly fast, after all

Skill - As explained, just more control. Say tighter turns for boomerangs or arrows go off course a little less (So those with lowest skill would be as good with the Bow and Magic Boomerang and those with the highest skill would be with the Slingshot and Boomerang)

Intelligence - Might make things a little more obvious (say lines in cracked walls are clearer, or buttons have a small sparkle for a quick second to show order in which they need to be pressed)

Strength - As explained earlier

Health - Lowest has three hearts to start with, highest has, say, seven

Basically it wouldn't be crap like, "Oh, my Shiekah has a speed build giving her 27 extra speed!" so much as a flat rate that never changes except with items

It would be meant solely to get players to work together more. For example, why have a Kokiri handle a strength challenge when a Goron is there?

It would make no sense if a Kokiri was just as strong as a Goron, after all, or a Hylian just as swift as a Shiekah

The weaknesses part was just plain old stupidity on my part however
    ...That is a Goron item. It's in their fucking legends

I read Gerudo as Goron, sorry.

A Gerudo's signature item would be the Golden Gauntlets or the Mirror Shield, I guess.

It would be meant solely to get players to work together more. For example, why have a Kokiri handle a strength challenge when a Goron is there?

The idea is that the players can't complete each other's challenges.

Actions in their own route affect the other player's challenges, but they can't complete the other's challenges.

For example, pressing a timer in their room might also activate a challenge in another room where another player can't act until then. Or, say, a Gerudo with the Golden Gauntlets could pick up and throw a Pillar that's blocking their way to the next room. Coincedentally, across the way, that pillar would come to rest against a far wall, opening a path for the Kokiri player to cross to.