If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJAM: A topic on OTC that's actually amusing in its own disgusting way

2»

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I think "advocating war crimes" goes beyond simply having opinions we don't like.
  • And I'd say that a lot of things go beyond that, but the mods never seem to agree, except in a few cases.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    There's a part of me that sees a crazy logic in what Tom is saying. He's not pretending war is pretty or honorable, he's acknowledging that all that there is to winning is lots and lots of killing and simply being the worst bastard possible until you've crushed the opposition.

Then I realize he thinks this is a good thing.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    But we can't ban someone just for having opinions we dislike.
  • You can change. You can.
    I agree with Tom in that war is not pretty, honorable and all that horseshit that nerds seem to believe on. This being a good thing...yeah. no.

So...what Malkavian said.
  • Technically, he's still glorifying war if he's really saying those things.
    I agree with Tom in that war is not pretty, honorable and all that horseshit that nerds seem to believe on.
    Wait, people still believe this? Isn't the public perception of war less Green Berets and more Apocalypse Now?
    ^^That's my point.

^Oh god yes. I remember getting into an argument on TvTropes with people fapping to Starship Troopers.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I get the "not banning people for different opinions" thing, but I think there's a point where if someone's opinion is offensive/horrible and said person is really loud about it, something should be done.
    Then why haven't we banned that Hitler guy? >=(

/joking
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Pffft, he talks big, but he wouldn't hurt a fly.
    That's what my Polish friend said.
    And then he killed all the Poles, because he's Hitler.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Is it ethical? No.

Does it happen anyway? Yes.

Does that make it good? No.

Does that make it acceptable? No.

My stance on it.

It happens. There's no denying that.

Does that make it good, acceptable, ethical or otherwise?

No.

That won't stop it happening, though.
  • >I agree with Tom in that war is not pretty, honorable and all that
    horseshit that nerds seem to believe on. This being a good thing...yeah.
    no.

I dunno, I'd say that war being horrifically ugly in every way is a very good thing.  If it wasn't, we'd do it more often.
  • You can change. You can.
    Welp, what I meant is war itself being good, in all its connotations.