If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

They closed the "Entries that make you go 'wut'" thread.

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    She posted in between now and then though.
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    All I am suggesting is that there is no reason Cygan is going to get banned, which I'm sure is a primary worry when dealing with mods you might have annoyed already.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    No, I'm not worried that I'll be banned. I'm just worried that I'll annoy the mods further, because annoying the mods is a bad idea.
  • You can change. You can.
    I don't think that all moderation can do is ban you anyway...
    ^
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I'm more worried about this plan backfiring and killing all chances of that thread getting unlocked.
    That too, but I think that if we don't appeal, the thing is not gonna come back. 
    Yeah. While asking for it may kill any chance of getting it unlocked, not asking for it means those chances don't exist anyway.
    Yeah, annoying the mods is a bad idea because they hold grudging? Honestly, if you don't annoy them on a regular basis, they'll probably forget it. After all, they get annoyed regularly by people who aren't you and have bigger fish to fry. Like whiny jerkasses like me, who wasted their second chance on mocking them and making people cry. Trust me, people calmly and private contesting one of their decisions is way low on their list of major annoyances.
    You'd really think so >_>

I would, but I never really had much interaction with the community outside of my getting banned. If something like what you are doing really would piss them off that much... well, I best respect your wishes and hold my tounge.

I don't think they're gonna get particularly pissed off, but it depends on how Madrugada reacts, you know. And it depends on how Cygan reacts to that reaction, and...well, yeah.

A lot of variables. It's better to wait. I think that there is a thread where we can appeal this, actually, just so you know...
    There's a ban appeal thread, but not a thread appeal thread.
    Really? I remember DontCallMewhatever making a thread about appealing thread locks after Edit Banned was locked. 
    I think it has been deleted.
  • edited 2011-08-02 10:06:02
    Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    So a thread about appealing thread locks was deleted? Hilarious!
    I am not sure. Old threads have been though.
    I think it was deleted (If it was, anyway) because it was made to appeal for a highly controversial thread and because nobody used it in a while.
    There's also a 3-month-old thread deletion I think.

My old forum-formatting thread was deleted, anyway.
  • I dun geddit D:
  • edited 2011-08-02 11:19:14
    You can change. You can.
    I have to disagree with that being a good reason for a lock, but eh, I'm not gonna start fighting it.

^Long story short: It derailed. 
  • Oh, it seemed more like it had to do with idle chatter and that's derailment isn't it.
    No, according to Madrugada it's about the posts about specific people.

And if it is derails, that pisses me off.

Is there not an attitude of "It's Yack Fest, threads derail, deal with it [cool]" there?
  • edited 2011-08-02 11:23:00
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Idle chatter doesn't seem like good enough of a reason to lock a thread.

^That's still only 14 out of 259 posts. And I'm willing to bet a good portion of that is due to Icarael.
    Exactly.

And do not forget that there was no warning about this. Nobody was thumped and told to quit it.
    I guess because there was a mod warning once in the thread (months ago) and apparently that still counts.
    No, according to Madrugada it's about the posts about specific people.

That's a derail. 

Is there not an attitude of "It's Yack Fest, threads derail, deal with it [cool]" there?

The derails in YF are fine as long as they don't tread into other rules. Such as mocking other posters/tropers. and that's what we did. 
    That's not a derail, it's a personal attack rule, which is supposed to lead to thumps and warnings, not instant thread locks.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Well, that's wonderful. Now I have next to zero reason to continue going on TVTropes anymore.

Ah, well. Stuff like this is why you're losing people, TVT. Maybe I would stick around the Music section, but since Wicked posts here as well I doubt it. 

Maybe I could spare 10 bucks...