If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

They closed the "Entries that make you go 'wut'" thread.

edited 2011-08-02 07:29:39 in Webspace
If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
Pre-emptive warning: This thread is talking specifically about this one case. Don't try and use it to complain about anything else, or to import/export drama, please.

What I don't understand is... why?

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I don't either.  :l

And I was about to make a thread about this, but I wasn't sure if it was importing drama.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I created it because I'm really bugged by this.

Just don't, you know, rag on Madrugada for it here, or complain about how much TVT sucks, etc.
  • ...WHAT?

Why was I not informed of this?
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Because Icarael was using it to bitch about everything, and caused a flame war. Hence it got locked.

I have no idea why Mad locked the thread instead of just giving Icarael a warning or something.

Can we request an unlock?
  • Bummer, I used to follow that thread regularly.
  • edited 2011-08-02 08:18:11
    Mexican fag
    I mean, it was just one guy. The mods didn't lock it when that bad 4chan troll appeared, or when I argued with Radd and juancarlos.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Can we?

Um, you could try, Neo...
    Aren't you a mod over there too Cygan (not sure)? I think you'd have much more leverage than me.
  • Oh yeah, and this is the OP
    I am not a mod over there.
  • edited 2011-08-02 08:24:15
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Regardless you would have more leverage over Madrugada than me anyway.

EDIT: Though I doubt it would matter, from the looks of it Madrugada wanted to lock the thread for a long time and was just looking for an excuse.
    I would not, seeing as I have annoyed Madrugada in the past.
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-08-02 08:23:50
    ^^How?
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    ^^That was in the past. I'm sure Madrugada will at least listen to what you have to say. I don't know Madrugada in the least, but hey, worth a shot. Yeah?
    I am not sure why the 'Entries that make you go wut' thread was locked.

You stated that it was being locked because it has been less and less about complaining about entries for a while now.

However, there have been previous instances where a moderator has stepped in and warned a thread if it had been close to stepping over the line towards locking territory.

The argument here had been dropped, and I am not sure that it would have been brought up again.

I am just not sure as to why it was locked, if the behaviour that warranted a thread lock had apparently not warranted a warning before this became an issue that required a thread lock.

Could you please explain the reasoning behind this action?
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    ^Very reasonable, I say.
    That's good, because I sent it before I posted it here.
  • edited 2011-08-02 08:32:14
    Though I doubt it would matter, from the looks of it Madrugada wanted to
    lock the thread for a long time and was just looking for an excuse.

Maybe not Madrugada specifically, but yes, remember that the thread had skirted through dangerous soil before and had mods warning about flame wars and complaints about specific tropers.
    I might be able to come up with something too, just to show Mad that Cygan isn't the only one that thinks this.
    That would be cool, to stop her getting angry at me >_>
  • edited 2011-08-02 08:37:09
    Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    I don't see why she should be angry. You are bringing up a reasonable argument in a reasonable manner. After all, it's not like you're starting a new thread to protest this locking. Unless, she'd get pissed for someone challenging her decision.
  • edited 2011-08-02 08:37:58
    Mexican fag
    ^ Which would be very OOC of her.
    I just... dunno. Paranoid, I guess.
  • Cygs: I would be too. Don't worry.
    I know how you feel bro.
  • You can change. You can.
    It's still appealing to authority. It's not unreasonable to be scared, Edge.

Anyway, blugh, it seems like an overreaction. Especially as it was just one poster. 
    No reply yet... :/
  • It will take a while. Patience young padawan.
    I don't see why it should take a while...
  • You can change. You can.
    Maybe Maddy is asleep or something? -shrug-