If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My inability to watch most "zombie" movies

edited 2011-07-28 12:29:55 in Media
It just bugs me. I can't watch them. They just set off this ticker from a semantic perspective and a mythological one that just screams YOU KEEP USING THAT WORD!

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    But they almost never use that word in zombie movies.
  • then why even use it? i'm sure there's a much better word.
  • You can change. You can.
  • Yes but my beef with it is completely different from theirs.
  • edited 2011-07-28 12:44:58
    You can change. You can.
    It's just a meta-reference as to how the word is never used in zombie-flick movies.
  • 28 days later
  • edited 2011-07-28 12:42:19
    Ne'er used. And you're a hypocrite.
  • can't watch it they keep using that word. Besides it's such a ripoff of I Am Legend
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    Omega Men is a ripoff of I Am Legend!
    "Get your hands off me you damn dirty Albinos!"
    No, it is not. Adaptations are not ripoffs. And I Am Legend doesn't have anything in common with 28 days later beyond the post-apocalyptic setting.
    I know it's an adaptation. A pretty good one too or at least I think so.
  • edited 2011-07-28 12:48:51
    actually it's the Ur Example of the entire genre. Romero based his work off of Mathesons.

I didn't care for it. didn't resemble the book at all. Last Man On Earth was better.
  • So, what "word" do they keep on using anyway?

Zombie? what's so bad about that?

Also, I Am Legend is about Vampires, not zombies
    It's mutants, silly woman. 
  • edited 2011-07-28 12:49:53
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ Tnu is irritated, because movie zombies are not the same as real zombies.
  • because the term zombie is not applicable. and the modern state of the genre owes itself to I Am Legend. NOTLD was partly based on said film.
  • edited 2011-07-28 12:51:34
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I think that after 40 years of zombie movies, the word can safely be said to have shifted in meaning.
  • @Mutants that need to sleep during the day and are strong
  • then what do we call zombies genius?
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    We can call them zombies?  A word is allowed to have more than one meaning.
    Clocky: Still mutants. Just mutants that act like vampires. 

:p
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    ^^ Ghouls, vampires, or undead?
  • here's the thing for all you  who say  "it's not based on I Am Legend because I Am Legend is about vampires" the modern "zombie" as Romero depicted it which he didn't call such by the way. Is based on Mathesons vampires so yeah by extension 28 Days is based on I Am Legend. But seriously is ther eno better word then zombie to describe these things? Ther ehas to be a better word.
  • @Juan: Just mutants who act like vampires?

._.

And 28 days is just a virus that acts like Zombism X3
  • Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy

How about calling them... mentally retarded cannibals?

• no they act more like a mix of dark ages vampire myths and Arabian ghoul myths. You don't see them following a Bokor do you? No vodou involved?

Mentally Retarded Cannibals. That's the name of Diesel's new band.