If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Images you know you'll never use. (Now NSFW)

Comments

• Electric Boogaloo
    Laurie's stuff was terrible as soon as she wrote "couldn't decide what kind of tea"
  • edited 2011-08-18 13:27:53
    Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    ^^^I got Movie Magic Screenwriter to practice the skill on for my Screenwriting side-quest. The NPC who gave me the side-quest was named Terry Curtis Fox.
  • $80+ per session
    Looked him up. Lucky you. Hope my eventual Screenwriting teacher is similar.
  • They're somethin' else.
    I've had creative writing classes like that. One guy was a harem anime freak, this one guy more or less masturbated to Gregg Araki's shit, and these two other girls wrote what I could only describe as a derail describing the homosexual overtones (if any) in the Big Lebowski, especially the line " The Dude Abides".

Fuck those classes.
  • You can change. You can.
    I had one seminar from a screenwriter around here. It was neat. --shrug--
  • edited 2011-08-18 13:36:40
    >these two other girls wrote what I could only describe as a derail describing the homosexual overtones (if any) in the Big Lebowski, especially the line " The Dude Abides".

ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

Yeah, Terry as pretty awesome as well. The only Jew to comment on my occasional Yiddish.

• $80+ per session
    IJBM: The last of Don's emoticons is facing forward while the first two glance off to the side.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    _
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
  • Electric Boogaloo
    I have no idea why, but I've re-read that tandem story like 5 times now, and through it all, I found that Bill is just the superior author, even though I maintain he was just trolling. As much as he sounds like he's writing Buck Rogers fan fiction, his side of the story just offers a more expansive world that stimulates the mind much more than Rebecca's. Rebecca makes way too many inconsistencies that in the end, Bill has to fix and explain.

Like when Rebecca writes that the farmers of Skylon 4 were peaceful, yet we just established that they fired a highly destructive beam weapon at the attack squadron. How does that work? And then she writes that congress passes a law that "permanently abolishes war and space travel"? What? Ban space travel? Why? That sounds like a pretty essential industry, especially considering the level of technology established in Bill's previous section. Now we can't maintain GPS or communications satellites? What about scientific endeavors?

And then Bill comes and brilliantly explains the political intricacies involved. An Anu'udrian armada intent on destroying Earth? That makes perfect sense! I mean, how were they positioned there, ready to attack, as soon as the law disarming Earth and leaving it helpless is enacted? It implies that Skylon 4 has sleeper agents in congress. These moles have successfully sabotaged Earth so that their Anu'udian allies can be met without resistance. Not only that, but the President of Earth seems to realize this. He plans to veto the law and scramble all the defenses the planet has to fight off these ruthless invaders! And how is he going to do that?

See? Bill's writing keeps you interested and asking questions. Like, what's going to happen next? Will Earth succeed in fighting off its aggressors? What will become of the rest of the attack squadron still stranded in the orbit around Skylon 4? My predictions? The president commissions a prototype warship, the ESS Carl Hill, to jump through hyperspace and rescue the attack squadron, who mount an unconventional warfare campaign against the Skylon 4 military on their home turf, where they can disable the defense system around planet Anu'udia, turning the tide for the war.

The only questions Rebecca's side of the story raised was But what kind of tea did she drink??

I have no idea why I'm so fixated on this.
  • notsureifserious.jpg
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    who's /co/?
  • Kichigai birthday!!

This guy
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Oh he's an internet OC?
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Never change, Scrye.

Ever.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    /co/ is the name for 4chan's Comics & Cartoons boards. It's one of the chiller places.
  • I gotta agree that Bill is the better writer, though it's mainly because Rebecca is really bad. They've both got the mechanics down, but only Bill seems to know what makes a good story.

It's like, if they were playing Starcraft, both of them would have a high APM, but Bill would actually go attack the enemy while Rebecca would just be faffing around in her base all day. If you'll excuse the insanely geeky analogy.
  • They're both writing for their demographic,

Neither one of them was good for this assignment.

And in the end, they only passed because the Teacher got his rocks off... as well as some ancedotal evidence.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I maintain that Bill was a hilarious troll.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^Bill was a pretty great troll, though I maintain they both should have failed for refusing to play ball with one another.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I feel that Bill was just trolling, which might also excuse his excessive exposition: I could totally imagine a troll being aware that that's poor form, but seeing it as worth it to throw in as much crap to annoy their partner as possible.
  • edited 2011-08-19 07:24:15
    Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    Rebecca is the first one to start killing characters off. Bill was willing to let Laurie, or whatever, continue existance. Bill worked around Rebecca while Rebecaa because the bitch she is, refused to play along and god-modded the third second of the story.
  • I liked it so much I'm using it twice.

• edited 2011-08-19 08:52:48
    $80+ per session
    We should do this writing exercise on here. But with more than two people!

Here's how it could go: Someone starts it, and PM's a random person who is participating, and they have their part, and so on. But no one names the paragraphs they did.
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

We could but we'd have problems with people getting ninja'd.

• $80+ per session
    That's why we could do it through PM's.
  • Interesting, and I will subscribe to your blog.
  • $80+ per session
    <-< Stop saying that