If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Images you know you'll never use. (Now NSFW)

Comments

• Kichigai birthday!!

• That image is totally inaccurate.

Hadena would never be able to spell and punctuate a whole sentence correctly.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Aren't most of Commie's subs Crunchyroll rips?

• They translate a lot of stuff on their own.  And I think even if they do use other translations, they edit it heavily and for very little reason.

• You mean gratuitous swearing isn't its own reason?

• edited 2012-09-12 16:39:21

^ Haha, awesome.

• That had better have been sung by Kevin Conroy.

• You can change. You can.

A time travelling Kevin Conroy

• edited 2012-09-12 19:25:08
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I'm doing that now, though I also have decent one-handed.

A decent one-handed actually gives me a way to attack <_<

I like being the sneaky guy though

I never said there was anything bad about that. I just said that TES' implementation of stealth was kind of suspect.

The issue with Skyrim's stealth (like everything else) is that it's not designed as a gameplay experience so much as a rote test of character build.

This is where I must, once again, disagree.

It's not the design that's the problem. It's the implementation of said design.

There's nothing wrong with Skyrim's view of how stealth should be, apart from perhaps implementing a stealth aspect at all. In fact, on paper, Skyrim's stealth works friggin' great with the whole 'stealth and skulduggery' shenanigans. It works differently based on a variety of factors, other game mechanics affect it (e.g. Illusion magic and what type of armour you're wearing), and the game mechanics even support striking out from stealth as a viable way of dealing with combat. It's another thing the game does to give you the ability to do whatever you want; you can be a heavy warrior and kill shit, you can be a mage and do magey magic stuff, and now you can be a thief and actually do thiefy stuff.

It's not the way the game is designed that is the problem. It's the way the game implemented said design.

They made stealth be affected by a variety of factors, but much as with magic and sword-and-boarding, after a while, the numbers you pour into the skill pretty much null out all those factors, meaning you can sneak around in heavy armour in broad daylight right in front of people and they won't see you.

It's just... like so many of Skyrim's other flaws, they've gone about implementing it in such a way that it kind of fails at being a decent stealth mechanic after a while. It's decent in mid-levels, though; after it's virtually useless because people always see you, but before it's broken to hell.

• edited 2012-09-12 20:14:37
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I find that I have the most fun in Skyrim when I forbid myself from using certain skills, so everything becomes a mental test rather than a numbers test.

For example, if I can't use Destruction or weapon skills, Stealth and Conjuration make a great combo.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I find that I have the most fun when I break a character, then run around doing menial things.

Searching for Nirnroot yesterday, for example, I stormed like five fortresses because the people shouting threats at me were masking the chimes of the Nirnroot. It amused me.

• edited 2012-09-13 00:30:24
    No rainbow star

Gravity Falls, I think it's called?

It now has a new viewer

• edited 2012-09-13 00:43:14
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I saw that.

I don't watch the show, but apparently it's fake.

(besides, Slenderman is probably the most overexposed meme at the moment)

• I'm a damn twisted person

As somebody who has suffered multiple reposts of this on tumblr, it's fake(and the posts bitching about it being fake). I mean you should still watch Gravity Falls if you enjoy fun and the premise of Twin Peaks for kids Icalasari, but no Slenderman.

• I'll admit, it kinda had me fooled. How do you de-rez your image so it looks like part of the genuine screenshot anyway?

Also, haven't been to this thread for a while, so I wanna say that pony-related image For the Fucking Win. It finally put into words why I can't stand other people who twist a kids' cartoons into whatever warped fantasylands they have in their heads.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

"It's rule of three, not rule of four!"

And somehow, Robot Chicken's back-breaking scene is more narratively effective than Dark Knight Rises'. 

To be fair, TDKR's back-breaking thing was only like a flash and then we just leave Batman there

Robot Chicken's portrays Batman's pain and suffering in a most grueling fashion

Yeah, but the thing was it was so subdued and barely covered and it looked like a wrestling move. It took me a few moments to get that Batman's back was broken from it. 

• edited 2012-09-13 03:09:24
    No rainbow star

Two long ones first:

Poor Bidoof :<

Aliens

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

swear to god if I see that slender man picture one more time

Seriously though, you should definitely give Gravity Falls a shot.  It's pretty much my favorite cartoon ever.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^This man speaks the truth.

Yeah, but the thing was it was so subdued and barely covered and it looked like a wrestling move. It took me a few moments to get that Batman's back was broken from it. 

I was agreeing with you, you big doofus

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-09-13 20:46:45

I'll admit, it kinda had me fooled. How do you de-rez your image so it looks like part of the genuine screenshot anyway?

Blur filter.  It's like two steps.

Why does the Harry Potter attractiveness chart only show Cedric's attractiveness going down a movie and a half after he dies?  o_0

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Bodily decay, I'd expect. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

• No rainbow star

^^ Twilight joke. I just ignore that part and look at the rest