If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Images you know you'll never use. (Now NSFW)

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Dwarf Fortress doesn't have characters beyond auto-generated NPCs, though. So while there may be a plot and a narrative, there isn't the character interaction that makes a conventional story tick. A great example of a conventional narrative in gaming is The Witcher 2, which has writing, characterisation and plot well beyond a great deal of published fantasy fiction. Not that it's a particularly high standard, mind, but it's an example of what I'm getting at when I say "story". 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

there isn't the character interaction that makes a conventional story tick

There kinda is; the social AI is pretty amazing, but you have to pay really close attention to know what's going on. Normally people only really think about it if something draws their attention to one specific character.

Can't comment on The Witcher 2 since I haven't finished 1.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I'm leaning towards joke on that one. Given the "why didn't he just write this book first to begin with," which isn't something someone would normally say if they knew he didn't, it's just too well-constructed as a joke to be serious.

• edited 2012-06-19 01:15:12
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

10/10, master troll detected. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I'm aware. It's still something that might get a laugh out of people.

Oh. Well, yeah, it's hilarious.

• You can change. You can.

• I do love my intersecting fandoms.
  • edited 2012-06-20 09:56:59

• Ooh, cool.  That was like... my favorite Playstation game.  I should probably consider actually beating it at some point though...

• edited 2012-06-20 10:04:53
    Kichigai birthday!!

Why do I find this so funny

Also I can't see your image Stormtroper

• I lol'd.

Also, try this.

• They're somethin' else.

What. The. Fuck.

"Situacion de calle" does not necessarily mean homeless but considering they are offering shelter, that is pretty weird.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

You know what, given how ubiquitous cell phones are these days, I'm less surprised than you guys are. I'm probably more surprised that I'm not surprised, if that makes sense.

While cell phones are quite ubiquitous, QR code-reading ones are less so.

• edited 2012-06-21 16:11:01
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

They're still cheaper than owning a home, though.

• They could at least, you know... say their phone number/URL somewhere on that paper for people who don't have a smartphone...

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

While cell phones are quite ubiquitous, QR code-reading ones are less so.

Yeah, smartphones are pretty firmly a middle-class thing, given how expensive plans can cost. Though if you're poor to the point of homelessness you probably don't have access to a normal cell-phone either.

Though if you're poor to the point of homelessness you probably don't have access to a normal cell-phone either

I think at one point the city I live in was going to buy iPhones for the homeless in case of emergencies or something. I don't know if they ever actually did that though.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

What's worse than being homeless?

Being a homeless hipster. 

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Yeah, smartphones are pretty firmly a middle-class thing, given how expensive plans can cost.

In America.

And in most third world countries I've been to.

• edited 2012-06-21 17:02:06
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    What's worse than being homeless?

Being a homeless hipster. 

"Houses are so mainstream."

"I could tell you about the place where I do most of my dumpster diving, but you've probably never heard of it."

"I liked baked beans before they were popular."
  • I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

im 12 years old and what is this

• I'm a damn twisted person

What Country Pumpkin thinks of as sharp satirical humor.