If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animé titles are so often weird

13»

Comments

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    It's a shounen anime about flying rollerskates.

Yeah.
  • Huh.

But, apparently, the manga is by Oh! great, which... doesn't mean much, but he did design my favorite bonus character in Soul Calibur IV.  So... that's something.
  • $80+ per session
    Pretty much. It's like Jet Set Radio in anime form. It's got great story, characters, art, music. The dub is good.

Too bad it's only 25 episodes even though the manga has over 300 chapters.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Didn't Obama appear in that manga?
  • So I watched the first episode of Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel ~Kyun Kyun☆Tokimeki Paradise!!~.  It was perhaps the most generic magical girl/moe show that it is possible to make.

Naturally, this means it is now my favorite show of the season, and I eagerly await further episodes.
  • edited 2011-07-06 15:35:03
    Kichigai birthday!!

(NSFW)
  • That was the only decent part of that game.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    what the hell did i just watch

and why was it called "No More Heroes 2"?
  • $80+ per session
    It's the sequel to No More Heroes, a video game for the Wii. In the NMH universe, that is a fake moe anime.
    Oh, isn't that that game where the guy being awkwardly close to a poster and saying "MO-AYY..." in a really creepy tone is from?
  • edited 2011-07-06 16:31:20
    I wish that Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly 5 was real...
  • edited 2011-07-06 16:34:29
    Kichigai birthday!!
    Suda51 said he wanted it to be a real anime, but it was basically wishful thinking
  • I also wish that Hoshikuzu Witch Meruru were a real anime.

Apparently I like magical girl shows-within-a-show.
    lolnanoha
  • Yeah but that's different because nobody actually cares about Triangle Heart.
  • "So I watched the first episode of Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel ~Kyun Kyun☆Tokimeki Paradise!!~.  It was perhaps the most generic magical girl/moe show that it is possible to make.

Naturally, this means it is now my favorite show of the season, and I eagerly await further episodes."

Lol.

Everyone at ANN hates that show.
  • So?

Apparently so does everyone at /a/ and Nico.

I don't see why that should matter though.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Nico hating moeshit? That's new for me.
  • Well, English Nico.  Dunno about original Nico since I can't read Japanese.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Ahhhh, gotcha. Not really surprising, since most of English's Nico userbase comes from /a/
    There's an English NND?
  • edited 2011-07-06 17:48:38
    ^^ Yeah, I figured.

...which is weird, since /a/ also hates streaming.

^ Yeah.  http://www.niconico.com/
  • Bump because I wanna add Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts. Translating "shoukanjuu" but not translating "baka" just seems like a weeaboo thing to do.

Also, if there's ever a non-Japanese DVD or Blu-ray release of Symphogear, I hope they don't keep the "Meteoroid-Falling, Burning, and Disappear, Then..." part.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

"baka" just seems like a weeaboo thing to do.

It's Funimation. They've released a song called "It's a Squee World After All" featuring almost all their major employees. Definite weaboos.

I hope they don't keep the "Meteoroid-Falling, Burning, and Disappear, Then..." part.

unit 00 is dissapoint, since that's the best part of the title.

no

it's the stupidest part

• Does Funimation handle distribution of that show outside of NA, though? It's also Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts when it aired on Animax Asia. Then again, IIRC Animax listed Hell Girl as Jigoku Shoujo after season 2 started, so maybe they're like that as well...

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Does Funimation handle distribution of that show outside of NA, though?

No, Manga has UK Disribution and [Company X that I can Never Remember] owns the Australian rights. But they usually have first pick so if the other territories called it something else it'd get confusing for customers.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

[Company X that I can Never Remember]

Madman?

• edited 2013-05-17 11:59:31
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Yes, them.