If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I has Team Fortress 2 Now.

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I don't, really; I pretty much just show up during the rainy season special events.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I stopped after I gazed a bit too long into the Abyss that is hat trading.

That, and I was never very good at the game.

I stopped after I gazed a bit too long into the Abyss that is hat trading.

That, and I was never very good at the game.

Well, I sometimes feel like accumulating metal to buy something via trading.

Not sure whether I should get a key for one of my many crates, or just get a strange weapon.

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

It depends on the strange weapon, some are pretty cheap and others are expensive. But generally, you want to avoid crates unless you're willing to SCIENCE since the chances of getting something worth a key (2.33 ref) is unlikely.

If you want to do crafting though, instead of using the native Tf2 crafter, just buy two craft hats for 1 ref each, so that way the potential loss is a lot less.

But if you want help with a specific trade, I can help you on steam, I've been involved in the fun world of hat trading for a long time.

THE BOSTON BASHER

On hit: Bleed Exsanguinate for 5 seconds.

If I ever learn to sticky-jump, I should rename my Sticky Jumper "The Morph Ball Bombs".

I have the following weapons in triplicate:

• Bootlegger

• Scottish Resistance

• Phlogistonator

• Rainblower

• Scorch Shot

Anyone want them? I'm about to scrap two of each. I also have a ton of other weapons in duplicate.

So I have the following duplicate items:

2x soda popper, 4x bonk atomic punch, 2x crit-a-cola, 2x winger, 3x wrap assassin (1x strange), 2x boston basher, 2x fan of war, 2x sandman

2x bazaar bargain, 2x machina, 2x huntsman, 2x darwin's danger shield, 3x jarate, 4x razorback, 2x tribalman's shiv

2x liberty launcher, 2x direct hit, 2x mantreads, 2x buff banner, 2x disciplinary action, 3x market gardener, 2x escape plan

2x ali baba's wee booties, 2x bootlegger, 2x chargin' targe, 2x scottish resistance, 2x stickybomb jumper, 2x ullapool caber

3x crusader's crossbow, 2x overdose, 2x quick-fix, 2x solemn vow, 2x ubersaw, 2x vitasaw

2x brass beast, 3x tomislav, 2x sandvich, 2x family business, 2x dalakohs bar, 3x eviction notice, 2x fists of steel, 2x holiday punch, 2x killing gloves of boxing, 2x warrior's spirit

2x phlogistonator, 3x rainblower, 2x backburner, 2x detonator, 3x lollichop, 2x neon annihilator, 3x sharpened volcano fragment, 2x homewrecker

2x diamondback, 2x ambassador, 3x big earner, 2x spycicle

2x pomson 6000, 2x short circuit, 2x widowmaker, 2x frontier justice

Going for one scrap or two random weapons each, except the strange wrap assassin.

Also have a single Rescue Ranger, best offer.

• I hope you don't mind GMH, but I had to delete your +rep comments off my profile. They actually make me look suspicious. If you just want to joke around on it, that's cool.

Okay, sorry about that.  I usually don't do that but I thought it seemed courteous.

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Does anyone here want to collaborate on a TF2 map? I've had a couple of concepts floating around for a while, but I haven't had the motivation to bring up Hammer and get to work. Maybe I need someone to bounce ideas off of.

• I have some experience as an amateur 3D artist, so maybe I can be of help, though I'm rather busy right nowadays.

• edited 2013-03-21 12:19:20

This one's my favorite:

• edited 2013-05-18 16:54:02
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I'm enjoying my Strange Medi Gun.

Much more than any hat.  Take that, hat traders!

I have Huo-Long Heaters at level 76, level 91, and level 93.  Anyone want them?  One scrap each.

• edited 2013-07-17 18:05:19

Also got variously-leveled Neon Annihilators and Flying Guillotines.

Also, seems like the server on which I played dm_store a long time ago has a new and improved version of it.  This new version, titled dm_superstore, features three exits from spawn (instead of just one so spawn camping is harder), though that third exit basically replaces the sniper hut of the original.  Otherwise, the map is pretty much the same.  Two sides spawn (instant respawn) separated by a maze of twisty little passages above which is just open air.  Great map for backburner pyro.  Horrible map for spy or medic (unless you play drop-down spy).

For some reason this meme newly amuses me.

• edited 2014-10-27 17:58:00

Ghost Fort (a.k.a. koth_lakeside_event) is a rather interesting case study in cooperation.

People broadly cooperated for roughly the first few days that it was a thing.  Everyone knew to switch to sniper with the huntsman bow whenever Merasmus appeared, and truces actually held up.

Then after many people got their hats, they turned back to asshattery.  Killing other players when they're targeting Merasmus.  Even toward the end of that event, it was difficult to find a cooperative set of players on an official Valve server.

It's been that way since.  And now there are people going around who even mock the "2013s" and "2014s".

Merasmus must be laughing his head off at the TF2 playerbase.

• This update fixes none of that, but it does let people get drops through playing the game during halloween and getting halloween achievements. Unfortunately they're untradable, so I don't see the point of random halloween drops, you just get untradable random costume pieces you can't complete sets with. Hope that changes.

Also, how about halloween bumper cars, huh?

...what the?  This idea seems more like an April Fools idea...well I guess I'll just have to mess with it a little and check it out.

Anyway, what was the item for last year's Halloween event anyway?  Was it just the spellbook?

And I guess they also have the idea of filling up people's inventory space with stuff that they don't want to throw away, and thus making people want to buy expansions...

So apparently people have discovered how to call votes to disable autobalance.  On public Valve servers.

...and then there are those people who will vote to disable autobalance.

Why?

Also, taunt-glitchers.  Y'know, those people who get their character model "stuck" in a taunt animation the whole time they're running around doing stuff.

Yeah, it's funny the first time.  Then it just gets stupid because no one can see what where you're aiming or what you're doing.

Pyrocar:
    So I just read about spycrab gambling.

What I thought it was: seeing who can survive all the way from one side to the other of the map.  Whoever wins gets the prize.

What it actually is: there's a 10% random chance that taunting with the disguise kit will produce a spycrab pose.  win or lose based on rolling this random chance.

well, that was even more stupid and uneventful than I expected.
  • edited 2015-11-14 09:31:53
    > arrogant ass on server, playing sniper
    > i'm playing heavy and wearing gibus, forgot to change out after halloween
    > sniper gets me a few times
    > i cream the sniper in a tunnel when he's least suspecting it
    > someone else mocks arrogant ass for being taken down by a gibus heavy
    > someone else suspects i'm not a real gibus heavy (by which they mean a noob who doesn't know better than to wear gibus)

"[my player name] doesn't play like a gibus heavy"

They're onto me :P
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭

I haven't played TF2 in forever.

Last time I played was before I went to jail

• edited 2016-05-06 08:32:09
    It seems at some point they added -10% attack speed to the Solemn Vow.  That is, that bust of Hippocrates for the Medic that lets you see enemy health.  And smack things with a bust of hypocrisies Hippocrates, of course.

Oh well.

I'll still be using it.

Edit: Oh, it's the Gun Mettle Update.  That was a while ago.

Pictogram plus.png Changed: Changing to a new disguise now takes only 0.5 seconds, instead of 2 seconds.
    Pictogram plus.png Added: While invisible, Spy receives 20% less damage from all damage sources.
    Pictogram plus.png Added: While invisible, Spy has reduced timer on debuffs (fire, jarate, milk, bleed).
    Pictogram plus.png Changed: Decreased Revolver damage penalty on sapped Sentries from -66% to -33%.

BOOOOO
    frickin' spies
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    there was a revolver penalty?