If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I has Team Fortress 2 Now.

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    My laptop completely went nuts about three seconds before you messaged me, and for the last fifteen minutes I've been freaking out that it was dead for good.

It seems like it might be starting to work again, so I'll be on as soon as it's back to normal.
  • Righty-o. I might be AFK for half an hour at anytime though, so be warned. I'll have the away sign on if I am.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Hey, Ninjaclown. Do you still have that extra pair of Security Shades?
  • I don't have either pair anymore. The Vintage Texas Ten Gallon wasn't cheap, you know.

I do kind of miss them though, but they were a worthy sacrifice.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I just pony'd the fuck out of my TF2.

awww yeah
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    What did you do
    Necroing because of recent TF2 related stuff.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I considered getting back into TF2 once it went free-to-play, but then I heard about the hats thing...the whole reason the game was good in the first place was that the characters were all very distinctly matchable to their roles at a distance. Hats sound like they'd kill that.
    ^They don't, it's still very easy to distinguish classes at a glance.

Hell, I don't even notice what hats people are wearing outside of kill cams.
    Hmmm...I guess I might check it out again...once the new release madness dies off.
    There's new release madness at this point?
    I think he means Skyrim fever.
  • edited 2011-11-18 12:57:35
    screen name is also my steam name in case anyone wants to play some time. or Trade. I have a spare strange ubersaw dinking around somewhere. @_@

Oh, and in great news, I found my new darling on tf2 warehouse today. a Strange Medigun. :D
    ^^ Oh yeah. Right.
  • edited 2011-11-18 14:09:32
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Skyrim came out a week ago. Skyward Sword comes out in a couple days. Minecraft 1.0 comes out today.
  • I'm hoping to swing a copy of skyrim myself via gamestop tradeins of my backlog of 360 games I no longer want since they have a special on tradeins for skyrim.
    I've never liked doing Gamestop tradeins. You get more money selling directly to other people, even if you charge less than Gamestop does for used games.
  • I agree. But I want skyrim, and I figure its the only way I'll be able to afford it before christmastime. Besides, my Xbox is sort of on its last legs anyhow and the games I own on it are either 1: Unbeaten, and going to stay that way or 2: beaten, but I'd rather not hunt all the achievements
    Fair enough, then.

Which version are you getting?
  • edited 2011-11-18 15:52:35
    ps3. Because I heart my ps3 and its more portable than my PC. I'll buy the pc version when serious modding gets done and the price comes down.

More to the actual topic, I just had a frustrating match. So here I am with my shiny new strange medigun. we've won a few matches..and then teams get randomized. and the soldier/heavy I've been healing points out we're about to lose horribly right before he gets autobalanced to the other team. as I'm now red team on a payload map. and our team is half snipers with zero heavies, soldiers, pyros, or engineers to our name.
    Yeah, there isn't too much in the way of mods at the moment (though the UberMap is pretty awesome) and consoles get the expansions a month early, so I can see that.

I went PC because I just built an awesome computer.
  • Neo, you got a Strange Gunslinger? Way to go man.
  • so I just had my longest killstreak ever as Engineer on Pipeline. Mostly because it somehow took the enemy 18 kills to make any serious effort more complex than obvious spy attacks.

Goddamn was that fun. even distracted long enough for our scouts to push the cart for a win.
    ^^I did. It took 6 keys, 2 Refined, and 3 weapons but I did it!

I think I've caught the Vorpy...
  • edited 2011-11-25 15:20:04
    ^ Nobody can reach Vorpy's obsession. 

Also, just got a Defiant Spartan from a drop. If anyone wants it I'll trade it for a Rimmed Raincatcher.
  • anyomne got some sniper tips? I'm awful at the class. In fact, I've found I'm singularly awful at sniper, spy, and scout. Thankfully I'm equally decent at Heavy, medic, and Pyro
  • edited 2011-11-25 17:34:17
    ^ I'm awful at all those classes too. I'm a pretty good Demoman and Medic though. 

I think Sniper is hard to play in this game because everyone has high health, so they can afford to move around constantly. In more realistic games, where you have to crouch behind boxes and pop out of position occasionally to shoot enemies, it's much easier to be a sniper.
  • Demo is another class I struggle with because I'm used to other games where grenade splash damage is a major weapon instead of here where splash doesnt seem as important as landing 3 perfectly aimed grenades on half an enemy teams faces for instant gibs.
  • I got a description tag from a drop. Anyone have a suggestion for a description for the vanila grenade launcher?
  • Trusty, Reliable, Beer Stained.